Solved Odd lag, localised to one area?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Gopherboy76, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gopherboy76

Hi all,

I've been running my Bukkit Server successfully for some time now but have had trouble. I'm unsure if it's the recent spate of compatibility issues and/or a griefer getting in the server settings.

A region of 150x150 blocks wide (from floor to ceiling) where if I enter that space I get instant lag, down to seconds per frame stuff. As soon I can get backed out of that area, all runs smooth.

It looked like some settings in Worldguard might have been changed (possible hack/griefer), and although the region wasn't a defined area, it's within one defined region. I've tried a clean install of Bukkit (transfered the world), clean install of Worldguard (and fresh settings/removing all defined regions) and still no joy.
    I've even removed all but the 3 plug-ins below but still experiencing this lag zone.

CommandBook
    Pail
    WorldEdit

I've also noticed all the mobs are running extremely slow, even in unaffected areas, moving only tiny amounts ever few seconds between freezing up, they also takes several seconds to react to damage.

I've double checked config files in the plugin folders and world folders and server properties but nothing seems an obvious cause. This has become a big problem as my MC house is in the middle of this area and I'm now stranded outside.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatfully apprecieated.
    Many thanks in advance.

Gopherboy

2. Offline

Gopherboy76

Another option I've ruled out is anything that was built n this area possibly causing a conflict (due to maybe bad redstone wiring or something)

I've cut and pasted most of the things in this area to a different location on the map and so far there's been no lag issues with i.
    So it seems it's nothing to do with any builds in that area.

OK,
    After a bit more mucking around, trying various different things, I think the problem is solved.

I had a reasonable sized testificate village next to my main building, it was heavily populated and seemed to have spawned many golums. I've cleared out all the villagers and golumns and the original lag problem has gone. (For now)

Looks like it was a mob overload in one region.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  3. Offline

Matthew Beall

I am having the same odd problem. And this is not the first time it has happened for me. The first time all I did to fix it was backup the world by like 2 days. Around a week later now the lag is back in the same area. I have a chicken farm with around 60 chickens in it, but i have had it for over a month now and it has never caused a problem before.

4. Offline

Gopherboy76

Since clearing out the testificate village, everything has run smooth since. I think in one of the last MC updates, they'd fixed a breeding problem with villagers.

Minecraft 1.2.5
    *fixed potential issue with village door detection (which could cause too many villagers)

I've stripped the doors from a few houses and the villagers don't seem to over populate now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.