[OBSOLETE] [CHAT] AdminChat v1.1 - Private chatting for OPs [531] Permissions supported!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Infernus, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Infernus

AdminChat

Version: v1.1

With this little plugin ops or granted people by permissions are able to chat privately with eachother. The text will only be broadcasted to ops or granted people and the console itself, with a little prefix in front of the message.

This plugin is outdated, visit this page for the correct version!

2. Offline

exolius

I would love to see the source code for this, i hope you figure out github quickly :p

3. Offline

Infernus

Making my first attempt now! ;)
    [MERGETIME="1300033782"][/MERGETIME]
    Source added! but not on GitHub since that wouldn't work.

4. Offline

BindMind

Truly wonderful, good job! Happy to see permissions support [​IMG] I will definitely be using this.

But one thing I just thought of, what if you could toggle on and off admin chat? Like, typing /togglea to talk in adminchat and typing it again to talk in normal chat. There might also be a /n command for normal chat (when admin chat is toggled). I say this because so many times I've seen people forget to type /a before their message and spew information that should not be said. [​IMG]

Good work, though. Thanks!

5. Offline

Infernus

Thanks! That's an awesome idea, but ofcourse it needs to keep simple by using just short codes, for example:

/a on - toggles Adminchat on
    /a off - toggles Adminchat off
    /a <message> - normal Adminchat message
    /a setcolor <color> - sets color of adminchat to specified color

Or maybe:

/aon - toggles Adminchat on
    /aoff - toggles Adminchat off
    /a <message> - normal Adminchat message
    /a setcolor <color> - sets color of adminchat to specified color

What about that? Makes me feel like working on this right now! Let me know which one would be better, then I will get started soon for version 1.2! :)

Maybe also a total off function so you won't be able to chat there nor be able to read there.

And yes, that's also a problem we have had pretty much, that you forget to add /a in front of your message.

6. Offline

BindMind

The first one sounds awesome [​IMG]

Thanks for considering my idea. Best of luck.

7. Offline

Infernus

Thanks, will get worked on it soon. What about the total off command? Should it exist? If yes, what should it even be?

8. Offline

peachpit580

Can u make channels, so people in one town can talk privately to the same town, or people working on a "Secret project" can talk privately to one another.

9. Offline

Infernus

I am sorry, but this is not what my plugin was meant for. I guess this plugin will do exactly what you want.

10. Offline

BindMind

Total off? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

11. Offline

Infernus

Forget about it, it isn't even neccesary, i'll just make a new version thread now after I am done testing.

12. Offline

BindMind

Uh, shouldn't you just update this thread? [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure that's what most plugin developers do, anyway.

13. Offline

Infernus

Oh, well I used to do it this way on the UT2004 forums, so that might be a bad habit of me.. Anyway, it's already posted now. Will just update thread on next update then ;)

14. Offline

user_2408

This has been a great addition for the server I admin. Thanks for making it!

15. Offline

Infernus

Thanks! Though I suggest you getting the newest version ;)

16. Offline

user_2408

Oh you forked the thread, I see I see! Think you should close this one? =D

17. Offline

Infernus

Yeah, I put 'OBSOLETE' in the tags now ;)

user_2408 likes this.