nSpleef

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by niccholaspage, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

niccholaspage

2. Offline

cjbh1996

Yeah, no block placing should be a feature, or at least an option. I'd scratch the countdown system (ready set go) because it'd just feel safer and funner if the players both had the option of completely readying themselves before a match, then adding the human element of calling "go" yourself. Also, I suggest adding a reset function, so the board can be "reset" after a match. ALSO: Would it be possible to have the plugin listen to the player's Z position so that if a player falls into a certain position on the Z axis (the bottom of the playing field) they're "out"?

3. Offline

niccholaspage

Thats what I thought.
    Hmm. The thing I dont want to happen is one person being a jerk and just starting when the other isn't even ready. I'm thinking that after all the players that join say ready, the plugin will say Go! and the game will begin.
    Forgot to add that into the list. I will right now.
    Sure. Adding that to list!

4. Offline

cjbh1996

Alright! This looks cool.

5. Offline

niccholaspage

I got a basic selection system that works like WorldEdit's. It doesn't save anything yet, but at least you can choose the position in the first place :D The spleef game only takes place in the selected area.

6. Offline

David K

Great idea!
    It'd be good to have the option to set the blocks which can and can't be insta-destroyed, so for example only wool would be affected by this, because having to make the outline fully of bedrock could be quite limiting in the aesthetic feel of the arena, if one wants to make it real colorful / themed...
    Also, a "Lobby" would be cool, there could be one glass wall for spectating, signs reading the name and time of the match, possibly showing some other info like remaining players, and people could write their name onto a sign in a dedicated space, "signing up" for the next match... (that idea I got from another spleef topic on this board)

I understand that's a lot of ideas and implementing those can take a while, but if you were bored and wanted to make it better... :)

Good luck with it!

7. Offline

niccholaspage

I now have arenas in. It can read & write them now. If anybody wants the source, I can put it up.

8. Offline

Faust

Looking forward to when this is released, I really like the idea of Spleefing and a system like this would be awesome.

When a winner has been decided could the arena be restored to a non destroyed state?

9. Offline

niccholaspage

Once I finish the arena support I'm going to add that in. It shouldn't be so hard! :D
    --- merged: Feb 20, 2011 4:17 AM ---
    K guys, I'm almost done with it. The last thing I need to add is reseting the board.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 5:18 PM ---
    Reseting boards is in (THANK YOU tommytony). I realized that a ready, set, go system would need to be worked on too, so I'm working on that and fixing up some things.

10. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

11. Offline

niccholaspage

Thank you! I'm going to go to sleep and hopefully get very near to release tomorrow!

12. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

pffft sleep

13. Offline

Uniltiranyu

14. Offline

niccholaspage

Ready, set, go system done! Spectating areas & stopping mobs from spawning aren't gonna be done by release.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 12:05 AM ---
    Almost done! A 0.1 release will be out by today/tommorow!

15. Offline

David K

/me celebrates

16. Offline

niccholaspage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.