Not enought mobs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Trollkemada, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Trollkemada

I'm having problems with the numbers of m0bs and animals of the server. When i just start the server and there is not too many people, is all right, but when the server is going on some time, people hardly can see a zombie or a pig.

The map is quite big and the people are quite away one from others (you can see the map http://minec.wowtemplars.es/ )

I have no plugins limiting the spawns, any plugin, or any idea to increase the number of mobs and animals?

Any help? I need to increase the spawn of mobs :S

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

dak393

I know there is a limit on the number of mobs at once I guess you might be able to raise the limit and maybe a plugin the adds mobs (I know i've seen some that will do what you want). So mobs are spawning just not a lot of them?

3. Offline

Trollkemada

Yeah, that's it. Mobs are spawning just not a lot of them. When i stop/start the server, poeple join and seems to be right, (i guess because is few people or few chunks loaded). But as the server keeps on, poeple see less and less mobs
    However, mob spawners seems to work right. It's just in the wild, in the night, is difficult to see any skeleton or creppes. (but the are some)

Which plugins have you seen that may do what i want?

Thanks for answering :)

4. Offline

RogerWilco

I think I read somewhere that there is a limit of 200 hostile mobs and 60 friendly ones. Something like that.

So if you have like 20 players online, then each will only see 10 hostile and 3 friendly mobs on average. If each player has tamed a couple of wolves, those also count!

I'm not sure about the numbers, because I don't remember where I got them (minecraft wiki?), but that's the general idea.

It also means that in general it's not a good idea to have multiple mob spawners on the server.

5. Offline

Trollkemada

Is imposible to raise that limit?

Anyone knows? I've been looking for some plugins to increase the rate of spawns, but im unable to find anyhing. I don't know even if is possible to raise that limit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.