Noobs start with mute.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by msw1, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Offline

msw1

Hi, how many of you have things like spawnjails in your server? Well I do, and its EXTREMELY annoying when your doing something important and new people are going Y IN HERE!!! Or WHY I IN JAIL LET ME OUT!!!! So, my request is a plugin that makes new players on your server be muted. They must then do /adminmsg (req to let person out of jail) all people with the permission to unmute people hear this. They can then do /unmute (playername) and the player can talk.

Cool features that aren't essential but could be added:

Players are told this if they try to talk:

[Noobmute]: You are muted and new. Please do /adminmsg (text) to be unmuted.

2. Offline

Binaryclock

If you're looking to mute everyone in your noobjail, it may just be better to create a plugin that silences a certain bounding box, like the area of your noobjail.

The reason for this is it would be impossible for the plugin to detect who is a new player, and who is not without creating a database to track the players. The problem with this is that all of your current players would get flagged as new players at the start.

3. Offline

MisanthropX

4. Offline

msw1

Yeah, you got a point, but since players on my server can set their own spawn, it would be okay.

First one is good, others are not what I need.

*EDIT* Thanks, I love plugin combos! (I hadn't really looked into the middle one. :p Thanks!