Noob problem: People getting kicked for "moving too quickly"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Typical_Name, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Typical_Name

On my server, I run a drugs plugin. One of the drugs has a nausea effect (I believe it's either III or IV), and used to work decently - however, whenever I (or anyone else) uses them now, they usually get kicked from the server, with the error message being "Disconnected by Server; You moved too quickly :( (Hacking?)"

The nausea effect does not give a speed boost, so I don't see why the movement would be triggered. Why does this error occur, and how can I fix it? At first I thought it was the NoCheat plugin being buggy again, but the error persisted even after I tried removing it.

2. Offline

ZeroZX4

in your server properties

allow-flight=true

3. Offline

ImminentFate

definitely don't do that. Yes, it will fix the errors, but anyone using a mod like Zombe's Mod Pack will be able to fly around your server

4. Offline

ZeroZX4

whats the problem if someone can fly around his server ? if its only for flying than who cares

5. Offline

ImminentFate

ha, not everyone is as carefree as you :p
    Parkour map with flymode on? I think not.

6. Offline

ZeroZX4

so in other words as long as he dont use parkour map he can be carefree as me ?

7. Offline

ImminentFate

yep

8. Offline

Swords761

Regardless of your irrelevent bickering Zero/Fate, he should be fine setting allow-flight = true if he readds NoCheat back to block flying via plugin instead of globally.

9. Offline

Typical_Name

I'm confused; why does preventing flight cause the client to crash when it gets a nausea effect? Is this some sort of glitch, or does the client mistake the swirly effect for flying around?

10. Offline

ZeroZX4

well actually its not about flying but moving toooo fast normally to fly faster you need hacks and that was the reason they made that option

but even if someone fly on your server do you see a problem in that ? well there is tons of plugins that can prevent ppls from flying too fast without kicking them

or maybe it was not flying but speed hack what ever

11. Offline

Typical_Name

Well, of course flying on my server would be bad, I can't imagine a situation in any server in which flying on the part of non-admins would be acceptable.

I tried turning flight to true, and sure enough, it no longer crashes me. I still don't get why it would cause this problem, though, as the nausea effect doesn't affect one's speed.
    Meh, as long as it works...

12. Offline

ZeroZX4

how many users trying to use fly hack did you see in your life ?

problem ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.