No one can join my server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ZzLeTsCrAfTzZ, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZzLeTsCrAfTzZ

i am running a bukkit server. My ip: is 192.168.1.6 i have the server ip in the properties set blank. I can join my server fine but none of my friends can. My start command prompt thing shows that everything is running fine. There is the same problem with my friends server. PLEASE HELP. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Offline

MetalMadness

Did you forward the port 25565?

Also I realized your ip is a network IP. You need the IP of the machine itself to give to other people. Only people in your home network can connect to 192.168.1.6.

Google whatsmyip, and use that for the IP. Then, port forward

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  3. Offline

ZzLeTsCrAfTzZ

4. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Yes you need your external ip. Port forward that ip, and at least for me, make your internal ip static.

5. Offline

ZzLeTsCrAfTzZ

i tried to use my external ip or whatever from whatsmyip.org and my server said unable to bind to port

what do you mean?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  6. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

1. Go to portforward.com
    2. Find your router
    3. Go to port forward "Minecraft Server"
    4. Make your ip static using the guide
    5. Let others connect using your external ip
    6. Profit :D

7. That means another application has already reserved that port. Find out what it is and shut it down. I hear a lot of the time this is skype and there is an option to change the ports it runs on, it's in Settings > Advanced I believe.

8. Offline

MetalMadness

or just forward another port and add :port at the end of the ip :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.