no main manifest attribute, in craftbukkit.jar

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ===RhysyB===, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

===RhysyB===

Hi, I was running a server 24/7 for a while on craftbukkit 1.7.5 but when I go to update it to the beta build of 1.7.9 it comes up with the error: no main manifest attribute, in craftbukkit.jar, I really want to update my server so it would be great if somebody could fix my problem. It would be awesome if you could!

2. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Are you using Bukkit? (Not CraftBukkit)
    Bukkit isn't the server software, it's mainly the API and backend used to create CraftBukkit.
    Unfortunately I cannot help you download a copy of CraftBukkit because it's against the DMCA claim made.

3. Offline

Dr_Nickles

I was trying to set up a 1.6.4-R2.0 Bukkit server and I get this error Message when I run the start.bat: No main manifest attribute, in craftbukkit.jar . What is the error?

4. Offline

JaguarJo

The answer is literally in the post directly above yours. But, maybe the way it was worded made it unclear, so I'll try to rephrase it for you.

Bukkit jars cannot run a server. CraftBukkit jars can. If you get the "no main manifest attribute" error, then you are trying to run a server on Bukkit instead of CraftBukkit. This does not work.

5. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.