Solved No-IP Issue

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Wakigawa, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Wakigawa

Hey guys! Wakigawa here.

I got all my ports forwarded, 25565 TCP/UDP. Firewalls are off, and still allowing java and minecraft.When i try to use No-IP or external IP so others can connect to my server, and it used to work till today. I downloaded bukkit and configurated everything, server-ip=<blank> and yeah. Now it is not working, and it is giving me connection:refuse

Can someone help me?

EDIT: only localhost works

2. Offline

UltimateSpy

That is like what is happening to me, I can connect through my local but not my external. I just posted a thread about it...

3. Offline

Buskaroo

Have you got the correct local ip forwarded on your router? and try letting them join directly without the "no-ip" address.

4. Offline

Wakigawa

What would the correct one be?

5. Offline

Buskaroo

Are you on windows? if so, click "Start" - "run" and type in: cmd

When your terminal opens, type in: ipconfig

Look for your connection (Wireless, lan) and it's the ip address that looks the same as your routers ip with the last 2 digits changed.

6. Offline

Wakigawa

Ipv4? it gives .10 always.

7. Offline

Buskaroo

Yep ipv4, that's the address you want to port forward with.

Try letting one of them connect directly to your external ip, if they're still refused then that narrows the problem down.

8. Offline

Wakigawa

Alright, port-forwarded the .10. Many thanks! But i guess it is still not working...

9. Offline

Buskaroo

Have you tried letting them directly connect through your IP?

10. Offline

Wakigawa

Does not work... Damn!

11. Offline

Buskaroo

I just noticed you said you have "all your ports forwarded to 25565", go back into your router and remove them all and set 1 to the port + both udp + tcp and make sure they're enabled + make sure you hit apply :p

12. Offline

Wakigawa

I'll print a image for you.

Any help?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  13. Offline

Buskaroo

The IP in the no-ip GUI is different to the one you have typed into minecraft? I'm not entirely sure how no-ip works. (remove the picture, your ip is there), and your router firewall is definitely off?

14. Offline

Wakigawa

Yes, it is definitively off, and yes, it is the same ;3;

15. Offline

Buskaroo

I'm actually really struggling with this one now lol, It's definitely a routing problem but "firewall" is what my brain keeps screaming at me.

Do you have a user controlled firewall installed (windows/norton etc)?

16. Offline

Wakigawa

Haha, i feel you. No, i don't have antivirus firewalls.

IT WORKED! THANKS! <3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  17. Offline

Buskaroo

Windows normally comes with a built in firewall, just switch it off completely for testing purposes.

(If it doesn't help, remember to switch it back on!)

EDIT: WOOT!

18. Offline

tyzoid

be sure to mark this as solved...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.