Filled No advertisement / swear words.

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by IamNoob, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

IamNoob

Anyone know any plugin that can block advertisement or block swear words? I know PwnFilter is a good one but it's hard to configure.

2. Offline

Larry Newman

3. Offline

IamNoob

4. Offline

Larry Newman

5. Offline

TheYamsMan

@IamNoob If you still need it tell me

6. Offline

IamNoob

7. Offline

TheYamsMan

@IamNoob Welp, i got nothin else to work on right now. I guess I will try it. How much configuration do you want and how would you block advertisment?

8. Offline

IamNoob

@TheYamsMan
    Maybe like if people say any IP or anything it can be changed or censor? And maybe add a config for blacklisted-ip.

Also if you can, can you do a gang plugin too?

9. Offline

TheYamsMan

@IamNoob I am very sure that you can blacklist ips from from the server properties. As for the gang plugin, is it that plugin that you wanted people to get mugged? No, not right now. And do you want to bad words you have in a config or how do you want it? To just ban IPS is difficult because you would have to plan tons of them beforehand.

10. Offline

IamNoob

@TheYamsMan

Blacklist swear words. I'm bad at planning config :3

11. Offline

TheYamsMan

@IamNoob oooooooook then. I might add a config in case you change your mind. I probably wont be able to get it to you until a bit after the new year. Holidays...

@IamNoob I am on a long vacation right now and will probably not be able to work on this plugin until after new year. If anyone wants to do this now, you are welcome. I will work on this however if nobody does.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  12. @Experminator Just an idea I got when I looked at your ideas, people will try to abuse it, like write 293 . 229 . 339 . 20 , which then would get accepted, based on your idea.
    So my idea was, before a message get's shown in the chat, put it in a new variable and remove all spaces in the message. It willl still be "abusable" when someone uses 293 x 229 x 339 x 20, but you could also do another check, where you remove everything except numbers and dots. However if someone writes I have 300€. He has 400€. She has 500€. We all together have 1200€. (Don't have a better example, lol :D) then it could be recognized as an IP. But this would happen really just a few times, if even a single time. You could additionally add to this another check, where it only disables the message when the amount of numbers in between all the dots are 1 to 3, because I think there is no IP with 4 and above numbers? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just some ideas I thought I could share to improve the plugin / lower the abusement rate.

I'm NOT saying I will do the request, I don't have time right now to do any requests, sorry.

@Experminator But with that you use (if there are points in it, it get cancelled) even messages with "Hello." get cancelled, not?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  13. Offline

IamNoob

@Experminator
    1.7.10 is good and can you somehow advertise my server when you add to dev.bukkit.org?

14. @Experminator But that's what I talked about, why cancel "hello.hello.hello"? :D Or why cancel "Hey! I'm back." There is also a point after a word.

15. Offline

Experminator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.