NMS Source for 1.7.2?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jogy34, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jogy34

I'm trying to update one of my plugins with the craftbukkit 1.7.2 dev build but for that plugin I use a lot of NMS code in it. In order to use and understand it I typically have to search through the code for a while tracing back what everything does. Unfortunately, every NMS class that bukkit doesn't change isn't in the CraftBukkit repo, it's in a different repo that was called mc-dev that I found on the bukkit github page. That repo is still back in 1.6 so for a lot of the changed classes that I need to look at, I can't find them.

Does anyone know where I can find the 1.7 version of the mc-dev repo?

2. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Jogy34
    mc-dev is an exact decompiling of minecraft_server.jar, no matter how illogical the code is from the decompiled version (found a string that was never closed, it hurt my eyes to look at the sheer amount if red text on the last portion of the page)

Download it and decompile with the decompiled and you'll get very similar results to mc-dev

3. Offline

Jogy34

The problem with that is I have no clue what class is what in the decompiled version of the server.jar. For instance, from CraftBukkit I'm looking for a class called GameProfile (just one of many that I need to look at) which wasn't edited by the Bukkit team so it's not in the CraftBukkit repo. In the decompiled server.jar that could be anything from 'a' to 'zz' which is too many class that I wouldn't even want to try to count. I could look at the constructor and the methods to try to find which one it is but then I would want to look at all of the class that utilize it and the ones it uses and then I have a bunch of other class that I would have to do the same thing with. At that point I might as well do what the bukkit team already did and try to decode each and every class, but I'm a lone, by the time I could get that done at least 1.9 would be out.

4. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Hmm, true, maybe ask one of the team members for tips?

5. Offline

TheTinySpider

6. Offline

Jogy34

If you read my original post you would know that the server files in the CraftBukkit repo are only the ones that the Bukkit team made changes to, I'm looking for the ones that they didn't change.

7. Offline

DSH105

This repo has the up-to-date 1.7 code.

bensku and NathanWolf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.