Nickname Store/Lookup

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by swallowgames, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Offline

swallowgames

Hi,
    I am looking for a plugin to store nicknames in a flat file and use lookup to find them.
    ppl can change nicknames and I cant see who they are :(

so when typing /nick will store the person that issued command and the command they typed.
    Then lookup can search the flatfile for `like` nicknames and display the details so we know who it is.
    I know essentials does a /whois command but that doesn't work for my setup.

Ie nick ThisismyNickName , lookup could just type ismy to find matching results.

2 fields Issued by , Text-typed :)

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Offline

mine-care

Well i know the structure for this plugn, i will try to make it, but i am not sure how to set their nic... im... well... a newbie yet but i know how to export it to a list in a file if that helps.
    Some questions:
    1 are you usinf any plugin for nicknames?
    2 what you mean with "search"

3. Offline

swallowgames

Hi,
    Well u can have a go and I can test it on a test server , the user can add a nick of their choice using an external bukkit plugin that was customized , its not essentials so you cannot access this that way.
    I would like it so when they issue a command it stores it in a file...
    ./nick mynewnickname file would store pete date /nick mynewnickname
    Lookup would search the flatfile where these are stored , ie search newnick would reveal results matching this and reveal each result on its own line.

Permission would be all can add to file , but permission nname.lookup for users that can search the file.

Let me know what u think :)

just re-read what u said , it doesn't have to set the nick , it just records the process when someone does :)

Pete

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016