Suggestion Nick name

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by mcdorli, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mcdorli

Hi, I recently wanted to change my name here, but it isn't possible. Now with the forum restructure in the corner, would it be possible, if they add a nickname feature to the forum, so instead of your username, that would show under you avatar, but the others could still tahg your username. Thanks for reading.

2. Offline

Mrs. bwfctower

If that happened, everything would be so horribly confusing and chaotic. How would people know what name to tag if your actual username doesn't show?

mbaxter likes this.
  3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@mcdorli @Mrs. bwfctower Maybe a second name below the username is better. Then you can at least identify everybody.

Mrs. bwfctower likes this.
  4. Offline

Mrs. bwfctower

@timtower So it'd be like your "Ninja on the waves" thing? That'd be really easy to implement, just give the permission to change that xD

5. Online

@Mrs. bwfctower That would also be a good idea. Didn't even think of that XD

6. Offline

jthort

If you message one of the staff members they can change your username, it's been done before.

7. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

8. Online

Broke a while ago

9. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@timtower, I've actually seen usernames be changed, but they were violating the rules. I'm guessing that in cases of rule violation breaking the password reset is just the trade off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.