New to Bukkit

Discussion in 'General Help' started by JQKAndrei, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JQKAndrei

Hello there,
    I'm currently a headmod on my server, the owner left the server to our admin and I'm trying to help him out, neither of us is familiar with bukkit, plugins, etc.. the old owner still gives us some tips every now and then but I'm looking for some solid bases.
    I followed a plugin tutorial on YT and I study Java at school so I find it easy to make simple plugins, anyway I don't know how data from a plugin can be implemented in another (like making a plugin available only for donors if it doesn't have a config for permissions). What happens if 2 plugins have different configs? for ex GriefPrevention and Lockette.
    I have a 1.7.10 offline server where I can test things anyway our server is 1.7.4 and I don't know if I can use my 1.7.10 to simulate a 1.7.4, I'm afraid that I could corrupt files if I test on .10 then copy files to .4
    I've searched all of the above on google but I had bad luck so my last resource are these forums.

We're also thinking to update the server to 1.7.10 but yet, I don't know how to do this(I'm still googleing this)

I have read about the recent problems with craftbukkit and DCMA. I'm sorry if I said something that I shouldn't have said, I've read the rules but nothing is mentioned.

Thank you for your time.

2. Offline

ZeldoKavira

We do not support offline servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.