new server opening, would be nice for a coder to help, make these plugins

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Shurfire, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Shurfire

Hello, i am from Virtual-pvp a 1.0.0 starting server that is Coming soon, It would really be nice if we could get a coder to make us some custom plugins for our server. And even if their is not one we are looking for couple plugins for the 1.0.0... some of them are

Blocking some to all potion's (edit in config disabled or not?)

Blocking of upgradeing specfic level's to prevent dupes

Blocking of the underworld ender thing

if anyone could make these and or add me on skype shurfire

thanks

2. Offline

OzoneBuu

'Blocking some to all potion's (edit in config disabled or not?)'
    It's a natural part of the game, it's like blocking arrows or fishing rods. Pointless.

'Blocking of upgradeing specfic level's to prevent dupes'
    I'm not quite sure what you mean.....

'Blocking of the underworld ender thing'
    If you want to block The End then just find the stronghold and bedrock the portal.

3. Offline

Shurfire

First tthe potion's can be made but when made it will tell you it does not work and when used it will not work PLUS will tell you this type of potion is not available to be used

2nd for this type of upgrade to a pick you will get i believe triple of what you broke aka kind of a dupe. so i wanna block some when you try and upgrade your pick the response is nothing and tells you this upgrade is disabled in the server

3rd for the stronghold that is a good idea :confused: ill do that.

And maybe a ender pearl teleporter. i belive enderpearls now TP where you throw it, maybe blocking that too.

i dont think any of these need a client side mod either. :p

4. Offline

Adamadz

@OzoneBuu
    You could cancel the event when drinking (right clicking) if thats how you use the potions. :D

5. Offline

Shurfire

yea i dont know how to.... i want all potion's (almost all) disabled...

6. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Why would you want to block these? This is what makes the game fun! If you want people to come to your server and want to play on it, you should consider allowing these things, just as the other servers do. If I knew you were blocking all this, I certainly wouldn't want to join your server myself. I'd rather go to one of the others that allows it.

7. Offline

Shurfire

i just want to block specific things from potion's some pot's not all... some upgrades not all... so it makes it bug free-server fun

8. Offline

Daniel Heppner

I don't find it buggy. :eek:
    Personally, I'd rather just have them. I think you'll get more people to join your server if you allow things. Make your server richer than other server (player-experience wise).

9. Offline

Shurfire

Well theirs this dupe with breaking ore's with a level pick and getting x3 the amount. aka diamond ore dupes? stuff like that and with mcmmo maybe x5 ruining the eco... some pots are kinda cheap like the posion...

Also i belive wearing armor will let you take no hear dmg.. so i wanted to remove that feutre so we dont get people fighting each other for 10min trying to kill each other. (pvp server :))

stronghold might lead to dupeing i already know how.

10. Offline

Daniel Heppner

There's a really simple duping method using the nether that's discussed on HackForums. There's also an enchantment for picks which lets you get 4 diamonds from one diamond ore block (very rare). I don't see this as being a problem, I see this as a way of making the user get out and kill more mobs! :D

Also, you want to disable armor? Lol.

11. Offline

Technius

It only takes 5 seconds to kill a person who has diamond armor with a diamond sword.... It's not that bad, right? Or someone could un-nerf weapons...

Shurfire likes this.
  12. Offline

Shurfire

No theirs this thing where when you upgrade armor you dont take any heart dmg until the armor is broken. i dont know what upgrade or if its a plugin and yea.

And i just wanna have a plugin to edit if x potion and x upgrade for x item can be upgraded. if you dont wanna help me out and yea.. than just dont post... cause atm you just trolling. (in my opinion)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  13. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Then why don't you ask for a plugin that fixes that instead of blocking it? Sheesh.

I'm trying to help you understand that you don't need to block everything to make your server great. I'm trying to keep you from wondering why no one likes your server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

Shurfire

i jsut want some blocked not all..

15. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Fix, not block. Fix.
    Also, other servers don't block these. I'd rather play on one of those.

16. Offline

Rahazan

Can he not request this, Daniel? Jeez.

17. Offline

Shurfire

Thank you.

Yea becuase its totel fairness when you do /spawn and you got a faction dropping 3 inventory's of splash posion on you. yup so cool

18. Offline

Daniel Heppner

If they can get it, then they should be able to use it. Also, just make people invincible in spawn.