New Server Joiners.. hmm

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by DaClowns, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DaClowns

Any idea for a way I can handle new people based on what I mention below?

Ok so first of all the rank "New" on my Server is the default rank, the players can explore spawn, but it is gated and they cannot leave or build until promoted by a staff member.

Many people are joining the server, and a staff member is not on. They find out they need a promotion before they can do anything, so they just log out and don't come back on. I know I am losing a lot of good players, because they are not willing to wait, or check backf or a staff member.

I dont want to just let them build, grief teams have come ot the server before, luckily they couldn't do anything. I dont want them to just be able to destroy everything, even though we can rollback easy with hawkeye. If a grief team of 10 or so has 5 hours to do damage that is way too much. SO I dont want new people just building.

Any ideas as to what I can do, that will keep new players either checking back, or doing something to get them promoted, without losing too many players, and without risking a grief team destroying the server?

THANKS!

2. Offline

erdrickk

on our server we use citizens. We've created a "membering" quest. New player logs on, gets the quest, travels though the tutorial house and when they get to a defined point at the end of the tutorial house the quest executes the /pex promote command and ranks them

3. Offline

Mukrakiish

Our system would take up a considerable chunk of page space...but if you want to just stop into our server, you can see first hand how we do it.

Message me if your interested...its a pretty solid setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.