New RB 1240?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Anthony45654, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Anthony45654

I noticed that a new RB (1240) just came out and I was wondering if I should update to it. I am currently using 1185 and I am quite lazy to update lol. I also don't think it is an essential update. Or at least it shouldn't be? Also, this might be a stupid question but if I update to 1240, will it break my plugins? Thanks.

2. Offline

Credomane

By the looks of it yes you should update. From what I'm reading in the comment logs about "tile entity where there was no entity tile errors."
    ...Yeah, you want to update.

Also seeing as we can read your mind to know what plugins you are using. We say nothing will break. :p
    The last time bukkit broke plugins they explicitly said it was going to happen in a blog post. Assuming your plugins work fine in 1185 they should continue to do so in 1240.

3. Offline

Always update. Any software support staff, I would guess including Bukkit's :) , will usually tell you to get lost if you aren't running their most recent GA version.

As for plugins, that is up to the creator of that plugin to test it and update where necessary. Impossible to tell if it will work or not unless someone posts info on it. I would recommend the BukkitUpToDate plugin which checks all your plugins to see if they are up to date or not.

Disclaimer on that, that plugin checks against its custom database so if the plugin creator does not submit the files to the BukkitUpToDate people then it won't check "every" single plugin in the world.

4. Offline

nytmaster

Well I updated and getting problems now. When use the Server Control type in help server goes nutz need down grade to 1185. Dont know if plugins area the problems yet--- Problems was the Plugins which ones i don't yet. I took out All plugins i can type Help and brings normal list adding plugins in will report back which plugin cause a problem..

Found it Pail and Advance Pail caused the problem.. Checking Others for Problem If you have pail and advance pail you can not use it. Will crash the server..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.