New Plugin Idea - iBow

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by HyrulesLegend, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Offline

WarmakerT

They can't read stack traces you know?.... As every other plugin worked, he thought that it was the plugin's problem. It's perfectly normal and acceptable.

2. Offline

Sushi

What? Even if it is the plugin's problem, it should be posted in Bukkit Help. This is the plugin requests forum.

3. Offline

WarmakerT

Sushi No... This is the plugin request's forum. If the plugin doesn't work, then it's like RingOfStorms didn't develop and share it here.

4. Offline

McLuke500

Is the plugins problem not bukkits. The plugin originated from here and is only available here so why would he post it in bukkit help.
    The people would search bukkit dev or plugin list for Cbow and find nothing or just say "speak to the developer" so he decided to post it here which is the sensible logical thing to do.

WarmakerT likes this.
  5. Offline

TwiztidExlex

Does anyone know how to fix it? Should I post another picture of it. I am running on java 7

6. Offline

RingOfStorms

TwiztidExlex You need to run with java 7, make sure you have the latest version, as it works for myself and the client who I made it for, must be your java.

Sushi
    I wouldn't look in bukkit help for a custom plugin, therefor he would never get help form me if it was plugin related.

WarmakerT likes this.
  7. Offline

TwiztidExlex

So I should reinstall java and try again?

8. Offline

WarmakerT

You should install Java 7. It's simple :p
    Or RingOfStorms could compile it in an earlier version.

9. Offline

TwiztidExlex

I reinstalled Java 7 and it worked perfectly! Thanks!

I have one more suggestion or question about this plugin. I have a paintball server as I stated before, but I need it to be one shot kill so "you can get out" but with this plugin I can't charge the bow and make it one shot kill, is there a way to change the bow damage, or is it in the code, or maybe you know how to do this and want to take a little time and make this ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  10. Offline

RingOfStorms

11. Offline

TwiztidExlex

I wasn't requesting a entire new plugin. I was wondering if you are able change the amount of damage the bow does without having to charge it all the way.

12. Offline

HyrulesLegend

I think hes saying like a config? So you can config the amount 1 arrow does.

13. Offline

WarmakerT

He means that he wants all the features that this plugin has. But makes it so people get 1 shot killed.

14. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Bump, Would like the arrow dupe glitch fixed, and updated to 1.3 :eek:
    [Whenever you shoot, some arrows run out, then you pick up the stack and it restores back to the amount you had.]

RingOfStorms

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

HyrulesLegend

16. Offline

frogyfro

17. Offline

Kingstarwest

Lol bumping him, You could do this with Skript!
    But... Because of the bow animation it makes it weird.. so I'll do it with a stick!

Code:
    on leftclick with a stick:
      shoot an arrow at speed of 5

18. Offline

Njol

Maybe cancelling the event will prevent the animation. Also you don't have to specify the speed, it will use the default speed if none is given ;)

19. Offline

Kingstarwest

Yeah i didn't know which speed it would be at so I added a speed and I'll try cancelling the event :)

Oh ok thanks i'll try it.

Nope animation still works.

20. Offline

RingOfStorms

Sorry been MIA for a while, the animation is client side btw so a plugin sevrerside won't have any affect. Is this plugin still needed to be updated? Or is the skript fine for you.

@Max_The_Link_Fan
    @frogyfro

21. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Didn't try "Skript." It's confusing for someone who has no knowledge in it what-so-ever. :/

22. Offline

izak12345678910

Ive never tried skript to be honest sorry :p
    But why not
    Code:
    on leftclick with a bow:
      shoot an arrow at speed of 5

23. Offline

-_Husky_-

24. Offline

RingOfStorms

I haven't either ^_^ but it looks easy enough. If I need a plugin I just make it :3

izak12345678910 likes this.
  25. Y.O.L.O

26. Offline

izak12345678910

Agreed :p Unless I dont know how then im on here :p

You Only Live Once

27. Offline

RingOfStorms

Erm, when you shoot arrows and pick them back up you should have the amount you started with O-o nothing is duped? You shoot, and pick back up restoring to the same value you had before. Dupe would mean you're getting extras somewhere. So correct me if I am wrong.

28. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Well, When you pick them up in your inventory, the turn back into 64.

29. Offline

RingOfStorms

If you started with 64 then yes you would pick 64 back up. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying. Or you don't understand how the drops work?

30. Offline

HyrulesLegend

No, Without walking in-front of the item. Just picking it up with your mouse in your inventory.