New Perms plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by wsurfer852, Nov 11, 2011.

?

Which Perms Plugin?

1. PEX

41.2%
  2. PermissionsBukkit

11.8%
  3. bPermissions

47.1%
  4. Other(post below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wsurfer852

So, I'm kind of a n00b to Bukkit, only been running a bukkit server since July. I've been using Permissions3.x all up to rb1185. I just updated to 1337 and clearly, Permissions 3.x is no longer functional. I'm wondering if I should use PeX, PermissionsBukkit, bpermmisions, or any other permissions plugins. I hate SQL and would like something simple and compatible w/ most permissions-capable plugins. Thanks.

2. Offline

Evenprime

bPermissions and Essentials GroupManager (yes, you can use just the GroupManager without installing the rest of Essentials) fully support old Permissions 2/3 and new SuperPerms.
    PermissionsBukkit also does support Permissions 2/3 and SuperPerms, but hasn't been updated in a while (and it is hard to get support for it).
    PermissionsEx has some problems lately with performance and compatibility with SuperPerms.

Here, have some performance tests: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/superpermstest/pages/test-results/

3. Offline

wsurfer852

Thanks, i appreciate it.

4. Offline

aehoooo

I currently use PEX, but i preffer bpermissions. I just dont use it, because I encoutered little bugs using that together with spout dev build, and could not solve it. Using spout recomended build, bPerms worked good.

5. Offline

codename_B

Hi, you realise that if you report said errors to me I can perhaps fix them for you?

6. Offline

wsurfer852

Thanks guys, I think I'll use bpermissions. I probably sound like an idiot, but I have no idea what you mean by "fully support old Permissions 2/3 and new SuperPerms". You mean the configs are the same syntaxstically (dont think thats a word)?

7. Offline

Vhab

It means it works with plugins that support either Permissions (version 2 or 3) or SuperPerms.
    In a nutshell this means all plugins.

8. Offline

wsurfer852

Oh, awesome.
    Just set up my bPerms files. Thanks guys.

9. Offline

emericask8ur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.