.New Minigame Idea.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DahDuff, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Reporting Bugs : Phase one
    Figured it would be easier to list them . :p

- Sometimes when we join the match , one of us is automatically killed for being afk..However the player didn't even have the chance to move

- Arrows Can be picked up resulting in a chaos as everyone is getting extra arrows and ruins the whole round thing

- When killed , players in-game leave their drops in the battlefield + their current exp ( This Can be faced with the use of a second plugin but I think it would be better to add it to the package )

- Same as above regarding to hunger bar loss ( This is actually really easy for me to handle due to a hub plugin )

- When player enters the queue an unknown timer starts ( 10 secs ) although he isn't playing...just waiting..and in the end he is out of the queue with the reason being afk .

- The " You Got A New Arrow " broadcast is pure spam when having only 3-4 players in-game

- The messages need a little of attention : That BOLD " You have 20 secs to use your arrow is intimidating " :p

+ More Like a Reccomendation : Try adjusting the StartLoc command so as to be able to set many different spawns .

+ More Like a Reccomendation : Try Giving an option for speed boost .

+ More Like a Reccomendation : I Dont know if it's even possible to make that bump sound when you hit the ground disappear
    But it would be epic .

Reporting Bugs : Phase two

Lol I expected it to be a lot more buggy judging from the time you needed to make it...Happily surprised...It's a great start :)

2. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: Well:
    1 + 5 - I was stupid
    2 - Yepp.... I forgot that
    3 - hm.... I'll fix it
    4 - well.... you can't even sprint :p
    6 - so should I remove it?
    7 - What else? :p
    8 - hm.... later ;)
    9 - since you hit the ground only for a few seconds.... won't work. But I ca nadd something else ;)
    10 - I think that is impossible (Client side) [no guarantee]

3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

MisterErwin 10, if you are familiar with them: catching packets

4. Offline

MisterErwin

I am, but I don't like it :D - I'm too lazy to update it w/ every new craftbukkit :D

5. Online

Maybe this in combination with reflection:
    Code:java
    1. public String getVersion() {
    2. String returnv = plugin.getServer().getBukkitVersion();
    3. returnv = returnv.split("-")[0];
    4. String[] returnlist = returnv.split("\\.");
    5. returnlist[2]="R"+returnlist[2];
    6. returnv=returnlist[0];
    7. for(int i =1;i<3;i++){
    8. returnv+="_"+returnlist;
    9. }
    10. return returnv;
    11. }

6. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin yeah the " you got a new arrow thing " gotta go along with the maximized ( idk how to describe it ) chat window that covers 1/5 of the screen . Also you could add a beep sound at the exp countdown . /bb list is pretty cool but my ocd is stressing me out when I notice that " !! " at the end of Choose an arena or whatever it says :p

7. Offline

MisterErwin

8. Offline

DahDuff

kk Ill try it out..:) :p <3

9. Offline

MisterErwin

If something goes wrong, blame me :D

10. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Well , the automatic afk problem has emerged angrier than ever..now im kicked for being idle in random times..3 sec 12 sec and stuff...its impossible for two ppl to join to test more :p

11. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff I blame me...

*I'm starting mc atm :D

DahDuff: Well, I didn't got this error, but I wrote an eventhandler wrong (I think)
    CLICK
    So.... if you still have this error: look into your config file, the afktime is in seconds ;)

12. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin afk time is always 20secs ... haven't changed it but Im getting the error mentioned...still haven't tried the CLICK link...once I do I 'll let you know :p

13. Offline

MisterErwin

ok.... have fun w/ it ;)

14. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin oookeey..seems like the re-collecting arrow thing is officially 99% fixed , the drops though are still dropping lol :p , I also found a glaring bug concerning the afk mechanism...when i shot my arrow and told my buddie to not shoot back until 20 sec are up...the timer hit zero and then started all over again although my friend was " afk " . It is kinda funny because the afk thing works when we arent afk haha...I'll spend all night thinking about a better anti-afk solution...more simple <3 :p :)

15. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: Well: if he shoots no arrow in those 20 min, he'll be "kicked" - maybe he shoot already ;)

16. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Could be that..! Because that dude is always trolling for no reason :p

17. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: Well.... just hit him :D

18. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Well..I have to ask something..the 20 afk seconds are put individually? Each time every player shoots it is renewed for him only , or is there a main afk timer for everyone..? I have the impression that if I shoot while he has an arrow i renew his time too ! ;)
    So here is a suggestion that I think would benefit you : I've seen several anti-afk plugins in which if you stop moving or
    looking around or pressing anything at all it announces you are afk .. Is it possible to implement this as afk protection
    or it would never say afk because of the inevitable bouncing?

Possible Bug : when the minimum player requirement is reached it should say Game starting in 20 ( And it does say so ) but
    there has to be a timer for players to know exactly when does it start. ;P

Bug : The expp and boww and arrowws ( drops ) are still dropping like flies . :p

19. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: The countdown is for every player...

It's getting set back (to 20) after all players shoot their arrows OR the countdown reached 0

And those afk plugins check your movement, but you could rust run in a circle ;)

Yepp.... I haven't added this timer ;)

well... I thought I fixed that :/

20. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin nope unfortunately...drops aren't fixed for now .. it's alright i know you will eventually tackle it :p
    Oh .. and I just confirmed that making that bump sound disappear is possible..I dont know if you want , can or like (to) implement it but it would be epic <--- ( Repeating myself lol :p )

21. Offline

Janmm14

22. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff: hm... I've to take a closer look :D

Janmm14: Nope..... Not the "standart vanilla sounds", e.g. doors, pistons,.... You can play additional sounds w/ this method :p

23. Offline

Janmm14

24. Offline

MisterErwin

Sorry, but I don't understand you: with Player.playEffect() you can SEND data to the player, but you can't block it...

25. Offline

Janmm14

26. Offline

MisterErwin

Janmm14: I know :D
    And: schönen Abend noch :p

27. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Heyyy..it's been a while..I assumed you were working with the plugin and didnt want to interupt :p
    If you mastered the basics of the plugin already I would like to share with you ALL my thoughts for this to be completely
    finished and 93% worth-playing ( Again assuming you want to hear them ...or read them anyways :p )

+ Ability to configure how many lives each player has

+ the waiting timer in the queue ( The one I've told you before )

+ the afk timer should remain and count but could you maybe make it not seen? ( Like still counting but not appearing anywhere )

+ An item that triggers the /bb list command by right clicking ( bow ID :261 )

+ Multiple spawns

+ Scoreboard with a ( Bouncers left (7) << example ) thing

+ Join Signs

+ Making the Bold sentence ( Game Starting in 20 seconds ) normal letters with colour code §8

+ /setlobby and /lobby commands to tp to the set lobby and leaving a game at the same time

+ Spectating (Invisible)

I know its TOOOO MUCH to ask for and I know you are not really obliged to do anything but you will have my eternal love
    and gain experience in coding at the same time <3 :p

28. Offline

MisterErwin

DahDuff:
    1. +1 :D
    2. Don't look into my source.... :p (Dangit, I'm using github ;))
    3. That's a good idea
    4. Na..... better use another plugin for that
    5. Already WIP
    6. same as 2 :D
    7. Same as 4 (maybe CommandSigns?)
    8. Well.. I'll add a config for those sentences :D
    9. Just use /bb leave (It'll tp you to your world-spawn) Or use a command alias plugin ;)
    10. +1 - I'll add this too ;)

29. Offline

DahDuff

MisterErwin Lol Didn't understand 2 , 6 , what does WIP mean ( commandsigns have this weird [SCS] at the top that messes with my ocd but ok ) 4 , I can't think of a plugin that associates commands with items...9 could you please make it tp you where you entered the command /bb join [arena] ?
    And remind me...the /bb leave get's you out of every arena or you have to put /bb leave [arena] cause that's wayy too impractical :p <3

30. Online

DahDuff WIP = Work In Progress