New leveling system

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by poxsgaming, May 17, 2014.

1. Offline

danieltabrizian

2. Offline

donsavage

It really is actually, I can probably make the limit configurable per class.

3. Offline

poxsgaming

I'm trying to not be mean, I'd really see an experienced dev pick this up, or myth, he seemed to understand my idea quite well. I would really like to see this as a big plugin and lots of servers using it.
    I'm not saying you guys can't, I just don't see any plugins you've dev'd or created, and I'm not sure if you can create a finished working plugin.
    And once again i'm not insulting, since I don't know your potential or skills; maybe you guys could work all together and we can all communicate to make this a finished working plugin?

4. Offline

danieltabrizian

well, myth hasnt done almost anything but adding those algorithms. he didnt even do the beginning basics
    i did it for him but he isnt a god in programming. Just because he understands your idea doesnt mean he can programm it. and as i said earlier i have worked for the chunk and more private plugin servers. i made a titanfall in mc but they needed me to take a other project and i couldnt finish the titanfall in mc but, i took every thing i made and finished it and now i have TF inmc just for my friends and such.*it has full wallclimbing jumping, double jumping and all the guns*
    so if you(@poxsgaming) dont trust me ask me to turn on ma server and u will see ma capabilities

5. Offline

poxsgaming

Calm down, did you even read what I said?

6. Offline

danieltabrizian

poxsgaming im calm i just dont like how you give all credit to mythbusterma he almost didnt do anything and you still like him.
    What im trying to say that he doesnt work hard enough to finish this plugin before it gets bored to programm.
    and you dont think im capable of doing this?

btw i have a few suggestions:
    *a nametag showing the damage you did to a player
    *a secret potion called "mirokuro" from the tvshow Arrow
    wich makes you very strong and able to toss players up but you do have nasua and if u are hit with posion it will remove the mirokuro effect and kill you.
    *accelerated falling, make you fall quicker the longer you are in air
    *a cool invite/accept 1-v-1 pokemon kinda battlesystem
    ??
    just leave down bellow if u want any of these?
    poxsgaming

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  7. Offline

poxsgaming

No ingame attributes that make a player stronger or change the gameplay of Minecraft. And also I'm not giving him credit, I just said he's working on it and he understands the idea. Stop arguing.

8. Offline

danieltabrizian

owkay, so the rest is fine?

ohh, and i forgot something. In GTA-V there is something call bounty.
    it allows you to put a bounty on someone. So Player A is mad at Player B
    Player A pays $1000 for a bounty on Player B if any 1 kills Player B he gets $1000

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  9. Offline

poxsgaming

No, a simple leveling system with the attributes I mentioned, that could be a separate plugin.

10. Offline

danieltabrizian

11. Offline

donsavage

poxsgaming Well, the plugin I made can do nearly everything you want, I just need to add the exp cap per hour. The config may not be what you would have expected, but I made it that way to increase the server owners power over it. As for my abilities to make a plugin, its already a functional plugin, I already made it. Yes it was my first plugin, but coding is fairly universal. Once you learn to code java, learning the API isn't that bad. To be honest I think you should be more appreciative of the help that you are getting. As a server owner and programmer, it is important to learn to get your desired effect even if it means jumping through a few holes. Have you even tried the plugin I made? A word of advice, work with the people willing to help you, instead of waiting for a a master plugin dev, because they probably have other things to due, even if they are interested in your ideas.

12. Offline

poxsgaming

As I said, i'm not trying to insult you, lots of people say I'm an asshole for how direct I am. In no moment have I said you can't work on it, I'm just waiting here for ideas or progress, you presented progress and I commented on it. And I stated that all the names on skills and the way they worked were completely different.
    When I comment on something I'm expecting constructive criticism, not an argument or people fighting over who's receiving credit.
    I've done my part and I've stated that I don't know how to code, so I took the role of writing the idea and working out the math on how xp will be managed.
    And I repeat, I've never directly criticize someones skills, I'm just making assumptions from the skills I can see or what I have seen and there is no way I can tell what skills a person truly has. And as I said, instead of arguing, why not all make one team and comment on the progress of the plugin together?
    I want this to be a good plugin, no bugs, well made and functioning so that thousands of server owners can use it to benefit their servers. So why not instead of arguing, lets all work together and turn this idea into a well made plugin that satisfies the needs of every server owner? By making it simple, non bug abuse-able, efficient and fun.

13. Offline

mythbusterma

As far as I can tell, you forked the repository and added a couple small things, why didn't you commit to my repository? You have access you know.

Please, just work on my repository, if you go off on your own you're not going to help anyone and you may never finish it.

14. Offline

danieltabrizian

i did commit it

15. Offline

donsavage

I just uploaded a new version with a configurable exp cap. Still has to be approved by bukkit.

16. Offline

poxsgaming

This plugin currently is in development. Just to let you all know.
    We'll be announcing when it's done.