New leveling system

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by poxsgaming, May 17, 2014.

1. Offline

danieltabrizian

HEEELLPPP my maths arent that good!

mythbusterma i made a github organisation join me and upload what youve got!
    i have figured that if we set the xp cap to 20000 it would need 2000 every level and if its 50 for every woodenlog you break it would take about 30 mins for 1 lvl

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Offline

poxsgaming

Mining

(only natural spawned blocks or blocks created with WorldEdit or any block creating plugin, placed blocks to not gain xp)

Stone - around 7654 blocks per hour - 6.5 xp per block - around 50k xp/ph

Sandstone - around 30k blocks per hour - 2.2xp per ore - around 60k xp/ph

Netherrack - around 35k blocks per hour - 3.4xp per ore - around 120k xp/ph

Clay (all clay obtained from mesa biomes) - 7.8xp per ore - around 60k xp/ph

Coal ore - 15xp per ore

Iron ore - 20xp per ore

Gold ore - 30xp per ore

Diamond ore - 100xp per ore

Emerald ore - 200xp per ore

Dirt, gravel and sand will not gain xp

Woodcutting

(only natural spawned blocks, grown or blocks created with WorldEdit or any block creating plugin, placed blocks to not gain xp)

(Player has to wait for trees to grow or find a forest)

Oak - around 2000 blocks per hour - 15 xp per block - around 30k xp/ph

Spruce - around 2000 blocks per hour - 17 xp per block - around 37k xp/ph

Birch - around 2000 blocks per hour - 20 xp per block - around 40k xp/ph

Jungle - around 3000 blocks per hour - 13 xp per block - around 39k xp/ph

Agility

Player walks around 0.27km per minute, so around 13.5km if they walk for 50 mins per hour - 2.3xp per meter - 30k xp/ph
    Player runs about 0.34km per minute, so around 15.3km if they run for 45 mins per hour - 3.9xp per meter - 60k xp/ph

3. Offline

danieltabrizian

so are my maths ok?
    set the xp cap to 5000000 and 50000 xp for every levelup?
    this way they have to mine stone for 1 hour to get lvl 1?

4. Offline

poxsgaming

No, you're off by a thousand miles. Please read and analyze the formula and the xp tables I posted, by the looks of it you have not read my entire post and clearly don't understand how the leveling system would work.

5. Offline

danieltabrizian

i will im sorry! i am lazy in reading!

6. Offline

poxsgaming

Let me get this straight, you applied to start working on a plugin without even knowing how it worked, and not knowing if you were even capable of doing such plugin?

I won't answer any argumentative comments regarding this subject to avoid spam or causing a change of topic on the post.

mythbusterma

Code:java
    1. <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    2. <!--
    3. document.close();
    4. document.open();
    5. document.writeln('Begin JavaScript output:');
    6. document.writeln('<PRE>');
    8. points = 0;
    9. output = 0;
    10. minlevel = 2; // first level to display
    11. maxlevel = 99; // last level to display
    13. for (lvl = 1; lvl <= maxlevel; lvl++)
    14. {
    15. points += Math.floor(lvl + 300 * Math.pow(2, lvl / 7.));
    16. if (lvl >= minlevel)
    17. document.writeln('Level ' + (lvl) + ' - ' + output + ' xp');
    18. output = Math.floor(points / 4);
    19. }
    21. document.writeln('</PRE>');
    22. document.close();
    23. // -->
    24. </SCRIPT>

This might help, copied it from a site, not sure if it will apply here.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

mythbusterma

I saw it there, I can figure out the levels though, that formula isn't that complicated :p

8. Offline

poxsgaming

I was speaking to a friend of mine regarding a problem in the skill Woodcutting.
    Players would strip forests or areas to gain xp, and probably would make a horrible world.
    Would it be possible to add in the config file an option that allows server plugin managers to select if players gain xp from natural spawned trees?
    This would mean that staff in charge of plugins could configure if players only gain xp from trees they grow, or if they can chop any tree they see.

9. Offline

mythbusterma

It could be done but doing that would require a lot of overhead.

10. Offline

poxsgaming

Could be something added on a later version of the plugin, for now just setting a rule on the server to replant trees you cut should be enough.

11. Offline

danieltabrizian

you can make tree's respawn after set amount of time

mythbusterma add me or join me on github

12. Offline

poxsgaming

Puts too much stress on the server, and it's highly inefficient.

13. Offline

danieltabrizian

but poxsgaming do you even want me to work on this plugin?

14. Offline

poxsgaming

If someone wants to assist calculating the amount of xp on other skills listed on the post let me know.
    We need to figure out a balanced method for every skill that will be an average of 20k xp per hour for the simple methods and up to 80k xp per hour for more advanced methods.

And also mythbusterma, is it possible to have a true/false selection in the config that allows you to pick which skills you want in the server?
    Since skills like breeding might cause lag due to people making tons of animals, smaller servers could disable breeding.
    And higher end servers could enable it since it might be a problem.

Breeding:

Reproducing

Player gains 90xp per baby made from each animal.

Produce

Player gains 100xp per full-grown animal killed.

Taming (Only works with wild animals to avoid lag from mass creation of animals)

Dog - 1000xp

Cat - 2000xp

Slayer

Baby Zombie - 100xp

Zombie - 120xp

Zombie Villager - 130xp

Spider - 120xp

Cave Spider - 130xp

Creeper - 150xp

Skeleton - 130xp

Wither Skeleton - 400xp

Blaze - 150xp

Chicken Jockey - 1000xp

Spider Jockey - 1000xp

Slime - 100xp

Magma Cube - 140xp

Ghast - 400xp

Zombie Pigman - 200xp

Ender Dragon - 40,000xp

Wither - 30,000xp

Silverfish - 200xp

15. Offline

danieltabrizian

Well there is not really a way to detect if a block or animal is naturally spawned and again poxsgaming do you want me to be part of the plugin?

16. Offline

poxsgaming

This plugin takes a lot of mathematical comprehension, you stated you were bad with math. Do you think you can keep up with mythbusterma and be able to contribute analyzing the way the plugin works, thus not slowing it down from having to explain how everything works?

Also if other experienced devs want to join feel free to post.

17. Offline

TreeDB

danieltabrizian You could possibly lookup the blocks with coreprotect, prism, logblock, and other logging plugins almost every server I know has some type of rollback plugin. It could check who placed the block and possibly if an animal is spawned.

18. Offline

danieltabrizian

poxsgaming thats why people collaborate! Some one is good in maths and do them and my level of understanding is higher than average so i understand much quicker. He does maths and i am good in making fun feutures
    like holograms and nice xp bar transisions! this way "your" plugin will me very awesome but @mythmusterma got to commit what he has got and i will continue on it

TreeDB thats very possible but idk if poxsgaming would like that nor i think that placing blocks and breaking them again sould not be a prob becuz it uses durability and if the xp is low for easy to break blocks and high for thinks like obsidian who would bother him to farm that and tree's sould drop saplings that plant in the ground.
    thats my solution and coding in mind the best independent way to do it!

19. Offline

poxsgaming

I'll draw up some ideas for you.

Any updates?

20. Offline

jthort

runescape.

21. Offline

donsavage

22. Similar in the sense that you want a lot of the skills of Runescape replicated with the exact same xp level algorithm? ;)

Is this the equivalent of skillcapes? :D

In all seriousness, though, Runescape plugins get requested more than you might think, and reach various stages of development.

23. Offline

poxsgaming

By what I've seen most of the requested plugins aren't being made the right way, the leveling algorithms aren't being planned well, they're all highly abusable, and lots of things aren't really being thought out.

If you read the whole post you'll see that most of the abusable aspects are being planned out, and it's a plugin if made well according to the way I've explained it could be a very popular plugin. And you can tell that all the leveling plugins out there like mcmmo and some other ones were not thought out to well, as they have to many flaws and they're all really easy to abuse.

I need to current dev that's supposedly working on this to let me know if he still is. If not I'll probably end up just hiring a programmer outside of bukkit to develop this for me.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  24. Offline

mythbusterma

25. Offline

donsavage

poxsgaming Basically with my plugin, you can configure classes that gain xp for breaking certain blocks, killing certain mobs, and when the player reaches a certain level the console will execute a custom list of commands from the console. This should cover pretty much any reward you may need. If you like it I will have to find a way to prevent players from placing and rebreaking blocks though.

26. Offline

poxsgaming

I really would not like to see a buggy plugin. It could be a problem and I would definitely not use it, and I'm sure other servers wouldn't.

N3rdFall likes this.
  27. Offline

donsavage

poxsgaming Well its not like I havn't tried it at all. ANY new plugin is going to be buggy. If servers don't use it, the bugs will not come to light, and it will die. If you want a new plugin, you have to sign up for bata testing.
    That being said, I have not found any bugs in my testing. If you use it, and find bugs, let me know and they'll get fixed.

28. Offline

poxsgaming

How do I test it?

I read a bit of the configs, it's completely different to the plugin described, that looks more like mcmmo or those leveling plugins.

29. Offline

donsavage

You wanted a plugin that lets players level up correct? You can with this.
    You wanted the only rewards to be small things such as items, correct? You can configure that with this.
    You wanted a specific exp gaining system correct? You can configure it with this.
    The only thing missing is the only natural blocks (which actually cant be done, but I can log when a player places them and not give xp for it when its mined) and taiming which could be added at a later update. What is it that I'm missing?

30. Offline

poxsgaming

What about setting an hourly xp limit? is that possible?