Nether portals

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mattyluggs, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mattyluggs

Hi,

I reset my nether world as it was looking messy and horrible looking due to a battering from ghasts! However ever since the new nether world was generated, nether portals are now forming in a quite random manner.

Even if you go back through the same portal that was just generated in the nether it will make a new portal next to it (same going from the normal world to the nether)

Is there any reason for this?

If it helps my plugins are:

Multiverse, multiverse-portals, Multi-inv, commandbook, worldedit, worldguard, mcmmo, (and some other lightweight plugins that couldn't really effect this)

2. Offline

Ivan

I think thats normal. Minecraft checks for the closest netherportal in a specific range, and if there isnt one it creates one. There will always be some kind of offset :)

3. Offline

mattyluggs

But they are spawning all over my spawn building all over everyone houses. We have about 20 portals outside the entry to spawn.

It never had this behaviour before we reset the nether.

4. Offline

mattyluggs

The portals are even starting to spawn inside my builds and break them...

[​IMG]

5. Offline

Refalm

Have you installed multiverse-netherportals yet?

Otherwise, create portals in the overworld on more convenient places. That way, portals won't spawn in someone's waterslide etc.

6. Offline

nhadobas

That is normal minecraft behavior. You will need a plugin that fixes that. AKA, multiverse-portals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.