[Needed]Something that stops Pwnage!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Alvarez96, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Offline

Alvarez96

Pwnage has been hitting my server recently and I have yet to find anything to stop it. Not only do they spam chat now, but they also do commands. For example:
    • Creating Factions and disbanding them
    • /afk
    Those are the only 2 used against me. If you could code or suggest something, it would help me out a great deal.

Thanks in Advanced :)

2. Offline

taatuu25

he probably means this:

they say its impossible to block :( but i believe its possible.

Father Of Time likes this.
  3. Offline

Lolmewn

I think it's possible. For chat, it's the regular anti-chat plugin.
    For commands however, it'd have to check if a command gets used often per second, just like the chat plugin basically.

4. Given that multiple accounts and multiple IPs are being used by that tool the normal anti-spamming tools will not work. I'm thinking that something like this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/req-shutit-a-mute-all-plugin-1-2-4-r02.66946/ could at least kill the spam as soon as it happens.
    Another interesting way of fixing this would be to detect repetition in chat. In other words, as you can see in the vid, the guy used the same message over and over and over again. Which means a plugin could detect that and either silence all accounts attempting to say the same thing or just ban them. The same goes for commands which would, if spammed, temporarily disable the command and put a cooldown on it.
    Just some ideas. Haven't checked how doable any of it is though but it's definitely not impossible.

5. Offline

taatuu25

i think it also has a function that spams random numbers in chat so the repetition blocker might not work :(

but before they realize that it bans a certain word their all bots are probably already banned..:rolleyes: