Need Virtual Chest plugin updated for 1.7.X

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MikeA, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Offline

MikeA

Hello,

I've been using a custom coded virtual chest plugin for over a year now which is developed by the same person (not a public plugin). Before updating to 1.7.2 on my server I need the plugin updated to work with the latest version of Minecraft, it won't load chest data with the new version. The .nbt chest data files are there in the plugin folder however it opens empty virtual chests for the players, which needs to be fixed.

If anyone can do this, I will provide plugin which contains source, or if you're able to re-make a virtual chest plugin that can read the old files that would work too.

As compensation, you can request what you want, but since no monetary offers are allowed on the Bukkit forums I could provide free web hosting or a discount on a Minecraft server.

Thanks,

2. Offline

revanevan99

i can do it :d add me on skype Please!

3. Offline

MikeA

A few months ago you were looking for plugins yourself.. I don't get how you can learn to make them that well in little time.

4. Offline

PolarCraft

Hmm. Custom chest inventory. Why not AlphaChest? But if you want a custom one you would need to store the player data in a hashmap and then open an inventory via /chest or some other command. Then once you close the inventory it saves to the hashmap.

5. Someone can learn to make anything in a day. If they only study in what they are going to actually use (events, exceptions and such...), then they can learn how in a day to make something in a day. It doesn't take a few months to learn java. I don't know how to code in java, but that is because I never took the time to learn it. However, I learned how to use Skript and VariableTriggers, which are in my opinion, essential for a server. Most people don't think they are essential, but that is because most of those people are too lazy to do work for them self. If I request a plugin on here, it is because I tried to make it with Skript or VariableTriggers, but it did not work. If people actually made stuff them self with VT/Skript (or use an already existing plugin), the amount of plugin requests on these forums would decrease by a lot more than half.

You can honestly script nearly ANYTHING with Skript and VariableTriggers. You can make your own permissions plugin, with [Prefixes], with Skript alone. Anyway, bye babes I am tired and Im going to bed :D

6. Offline

MikeA

Because I need to be able to keep my current chest files. What would be the point of not? I obviously would switch but I have thousands of virtual chests with items in them.

7. Offline

thomas15v

Mikeambrose3 I guess the plugin just have to be recompiled for 1.7.2. Probably something changed in the inventory class what breaks your plugin. Probably some small changed could get your plugin working again. If you could send the source to me in 30 min after sending this post. I maby take a look to it in a boring lesson i have next. I forgot my USB with my other plugins and are so bored :(.

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Mikeambrose3 thomas15v

9. Offline

thomas15v

timtower His plugin is a private plugin. He just wants a small modification because he can't do it. (And i am bored, wy i left my USB home :( )

10. Offline

Then he should PM somebody about it, or contact the original developer

11. Offline

MikeA

Can you please learn to read before posting nonsense to show your ignorance? How do I contact the developer if he doesn't have a BukkitDev account and doesn't even play Minecraft anymore?

rustehiscool likes this.
  12. Offline

Ignorance or rules?
    And still: you could have PM'ed a developer instead of ignoring the forum rules

13. Offline

MikeA

The developer is on my Skype, he doesn't play MC, nor codes plugins anymore. Do you guys not have any common sense? Please.

14. Offline

That is why I said: "PM a developer", this is a private plugin, it should stay private

15. Offline

thomas15v

I looked at the plugin. And their is nothing wrong with it. It runs fine on Bukkit.

The only thing what is wrong with it is that it store the inventory class from bukkit in a serialized file. Causing errors with new version in minecraft.

timtower likes this.
  16. Offline

revanevan99

I took 3 high school classes on java and i have like 50 java books