Need Plague Plugin; (all food is like zombie flesh/spider eyes)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by red_wing, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Offline

red_wing

I came up with an idea that will make a server quite fun, this plugin could be used in medieval or ancient servers as a plague did actually happen back then. The main idea would be that the black death comes to your Minecraft server land and spoils the food. It would be great if a plugin coder could make all food act like zombie flesh and spider eyes.

For an example, Eating wheat or melon slices would cause you to have the "zombie flesh affect" after you eat the food. However since the "flies" live on animals any type of animal meat (pork, chicken, beef). Would give you the spider eye affect which is a short period of time of being poison and loosing hearts. Cooking the animals meats would not kill the bacteria in the food.

However eating raw or cooked fish would be the only way to survive healthy as fish our immune to this disease.
    Drinking milk would still cure you

For more information about the Black Death and what really happened use the link below.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

travja likes this.
  2. Offline

DxDy

Are you sure, you can't achive this with existing Plugins?

3. Offline

Father Of Time

you should spawn a zombie where a player dies if they die under the influence of the plague at the time of death. ^^

4. Offline

Tim619

That kinda easy, since you are just going to remove the melon, bread, pork, chicken, and beef files and replacing them with zombie flesh and spider eyes.

And do not use wikipedia, if you want more information on the Black Death you go to a different website, Wikipedia is unreliable.

red_wing likes this.
  5. Offline

red_wing

well i have no idea how to do that doing that on a server might be hard but i really do not know

6. Offline

arnie231

I will work on this and get a Dev build out soon ;)

red_wing likes this.
  7. Offline

red_wing

i mean it sounds simple but i have no idea where to locate the files

that might be hard to include in the plugin, but that would be cool if that could happen.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  8. Offline

Father Of Time

Hehe, it would actually be brutally simple my friend... Normally I keep quite on the plug-in request section because I don't enjoy making plug-ins for the public, but I am such a MASSIVE zombie lore fan that I would be willing to assist with this for giggles...

Once someone has built you the framework drop me a PM if they can't figure out how to incorperate this and Ill do it for you. All you will need is a damage event listener, listen to see if the entity that is damaged is:

1) a player
    2) the damage is enough to kill them
    3) the player is under the zombie effect

if the above conditions are true take the location of the dying player from the event and spawn a zombie at the location. Also, if I were you I would make zombies apply the zombie affect on a percentage base when meleed.

I could go on and on forever with ideas for this because I've loved this idea forever, but sadly it doesn't fit into the theme of my server in any fashion so I've never bothered.

9. Offline

red_wing

ok will do

yeah i looked pretty good and no results, excuse me if their is one out there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  10. Offline

red_wing

11. Offline

red_wing

12. Offline

-_Husky_-

Or just a PlayerDeath listener :d