Need MySQL database help.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DemonCraft, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DemonCraft

Okay, the Plugin Dev said I set up my Database wrong for MySQL.
    My Website/MySQL Database files are being hosted off of Hostgator
    My Server is being hosted off of Volt-host

Bukkit Version: 1060

These are the Config files for both the Server and Plugin file.
    dbDatabase: demon_webauction
    dbHost: localhost
    dbPass: passwordhere
    dbUser: demon_wauser

This is the error I get;
    Code:
    Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/demon/public_html/webauction/login-script.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/demon/public_html/webauction/login-script.php:11) in /home/demon/public_html/webauction/login-script.php on line 27
    I'm getting errors, any ideas?

2. Offline

Supersam654

You probably want to post this in whatever thread the plugin came from. You don't provide us with any useful information so that is all I can tell you.

3. Offline

DemonCraft

Updated post, but I have and the Plugin owner doesn't really respond to me.

4. Offline

Supersam654

I think that you should listen to the error which says that your tables are not formatted correctly. I would check the plugin's thread for more info on fixing your problem. Also, if the plugin dev won't help you, you should probably find a new plugin.

5. Offline

DemonCraft

I really like the Plugin Web Auction and according to the Dev I set up my Database wrong.

6. Offline

Supersam654

If the plugin dev says that you set your DB up wrong, then you should fix it. However, I will not/cannot help you fix that.

7. Offline

DemonCraft

I posted my information above and it seems perfectly fine to me?
    I don't see how I did it wrong.

8. Offline

cwingrav

Your dbHost should probably be "Hostgator"'s machine name. Localhost would have it look in the Volt-host's machine.

9. Offline

GameCharmer

Make sure you allow a remote host to connect to your MySQL database server! This is the most common mistake people make when running a database server on a remote system.

On your bukkit server, make sure your config is pointing to your database server.
    On your database server, make sure you allow your bukkit server access to the database. I don't know if host gator allows this, but I do know that several other good hosts do. Look for something called Remove MySQL Host(s) in your cPanel (if hostgator even uses cpanel), and add the IP address of your bukkit server to the accepted hosts list. Bear in mind that if the IP address changes, you will need to update this hosts list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.