Need Light. lol

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by GamerSam4u, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GamerSam4u

Hey guys. Just a question that popped up into my mind. Is it possible to keep day at spawn and the regular cycle everywhere else in the same mine craft world using a plugin or something? I might sound stupid but if it is possible let me know. Thnx guys.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@GamerSam4u You could fake the time in the spawn area. Would be player specific.

3. @GamerSam4u You could simulate day by setting the players time to day and not allowing mobs to spawn.

ZanderMan9 likes this.
  4. Offline

ZanderMan9

Yeah, you'd end up having to do some nasty packet manipulation to make players think it's day.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

6. Offline

pookeythekid

ConstantTime does this (lol, look at its author). :)

Wouldn't really call it promoting my own plugin; it's actually the only plugin that I know of that does the job right.

7. Offline

MTXRooster

Depending on your needs you might be able to do something like.....

Use a multi-world plugin, and set the default world to a (really) small custom map designed as a welcome "world" (aka a NPS map), then have a portal or command block etc to send them to the regular world. I've done things like this, where the starting world has tool sets, or "class loadouts", that sort of thing, then players go off onto the real world before.. You (should) be able to set the day/night cycle off on a by world basis, at least with some of the multi-world plugins..

mactso likes this.
  8. Offline

Spaace

i know a redstone trick, you basically make an "activator" using daylight sensors, just basically search up a video on how to make one where the redstone lamp turns on at the night time and replace the lamp with command block and change the command to "day"...
    that one way i would do it but i don't know if it still works, please reply back if it doesn't.
    also curse.com or bukkit itself has a ton of plugins to look for, try finding it there.

9. Offline

pookeythekid

I tried this before. It didn't last for long periods of time, though. Once the world unloads (I use the term "unload" lightly, not very familiar with world-rendering terms), as in there are no players in it, the command block stops going off.
    :p

10. Offline

Spaace

it actually does work, but only in spawn chunks. ClearLag unloads chunks but never spawn chunks.

pookeythekid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.