Need help with World Generation

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrFrozen, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrFrozen

Hey Bukkit,

Everyone knows the skyblock project and I want something similar and I know how I can easy achieve this.

I do want to create a command that can create a floating island in a empty air ( I guess I need to use EmptyWorldGEN ). This island size need to be based off the command size that for example is /iscreate 50x50. and the distance needs to be 150 blocks between every island.

Also I would love to protect it with WorldGuard

How can I achieve this?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@DoggyCode™
    That is not helpful in the least bit.

@MrFrozen
    I'm writing the steps now.

1. Create a "Island" class, which will store x,y,z variables that will store the location (every +1 added to the variables is the same as +150 blocks) and (optional)The owner (think you may want this later)
    2. In the main class, add an array of Islands. This is where you would store all the instances of Island
    3. In the onDisable, save that array to a config, and in the onenable load the array.
    4. When the player sends the command
    5. Somehow (I don't know if you want it t be random or ordered) get the x,y,z location for the Island (not in block form, but in "Island Location" from), test if any of the other island occupy that space, and if not create the island. If an island does occupy that space, create new X,Y,Z variables.
    6. After creating the island, (optional) Assign the owner to be the sender, that way you can easily keep track who owns what island after reloads.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    DoggyCode™ likes this.
  3. Offline

MrFrozen

@DoggyCode™
    Yup I know java and written several stuff in it .. From HTTP Bots to Software etc. And yea I know how to work with bukkit but I never did stuff with Word Generation so that is completly new. And if you are so smart where are you helping steps cause it seems that Zombie_Striker does understand it...

If you don't
    - How to generate islands in a EmptyWorldGEN world with a dynamic size based of a command
    - How to set the distance between every island that will be generated
    - How to protect the generated island by the commandsender

Umm... know hwo to use your brain and learn reading?

@Zombie_Striker
    Oke thanks I will read it carefully and see if I can make something up out of it

4. Sorted.

5. Offline

mythbusterma

@Zombie_Striker

If he's looking to replace the ChunkGenerator then this is not how you go about it.

@MrFrozen

This is completely different to anything you will have done in Bukkit before. You may want to look at some other people's world generators for pointers, as the paradigm is completely different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.