Plugin Help Need help with permissions

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Onyx349, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Onyx349

I'm running a Bukkit server with Essentials and bPermissions.

I've used this for the groups.yml in the bPermissions folder;

#This first line here tells bPermissions which group is your default group (the group it will put new players in who are not listed in users.yml)
    default: default
    groups:
    default:
    #The permissions section is where you put your permission nodes - if you give a group a permission node, that group will be able to use the command assigned to that permission node
    permissions:
    #A permission node with a ^ infront of it is a deny, that means a group does not have that permission node (you do not normally have to use these so don't worry about them)
    - ^bukkit.command.plugins
    #The groups section is where you tell this group which other groups it inherits from (if I was to list another group, it would mean that this group not only had it's own permissions but also the permissions of that other group aswell)
    groups: []
    #When ever you see [] it means there is nothing in that section - bPermissions fills these in automatically so you don't need to worry about them
    meta:
    #The priority section is where you set the groups priority (these are used to promote and demote a user up and down the groups). Remember bigger number are more powerful than smaller numbers
    priority: '100'
    #The prefix is where you set a players prefix (what you see before their name). This supports colour codes, you can see all the colour codes in this image: http://cdn2.worldofminecraft.com/resize/remote/430b4ffe1d8313382e0c908834f87a69-614x508.png
    prefix: '&9[Default]'
    moderator:
    permissions: []
    groups:
    meta:
    priority: '200'
    prefix: '&b[Moderator]'
    admin:
    permissions:
    groups:
    meta:
    priority: '300'
    prefix: '&c[Admin]'

I'm trying to let all the people that aren't OP use the commands; /sethome and /home.
    How will I go about doing this?

I'm also trying to figure out how to add people to the Moderator group, instead of just using the command /op [name]

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

Onyx349

Where's my permissions file?

If you're talking about the one in the main server folder.
    It's completely empty.

EDIT by TImtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  4. Online

@Onyx349 It is the thing that you already posted

5. Offline

Onyx349

Here you go, sir

Attached Files:

6. Online

@Onyx349 Please upload the original file. Not the stuff that you probably copied from here. You need the indentation to exist

7. Offline

Onyx349

Here is the original that I'm currently using for the server.

@timtower Is there a course of action you could suggest I take? I'm lost here.

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts. Please don't double post. There is an Edit Button right next to the Date.>

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  8. Offline

MisterErwin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.