Need Help With "Outdated Server?"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ArrowToTheKnee, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Note: All links are from the official CraftBukkit links. None of those files have been edited by me in anyway. Bukkit ( amazing group of people ) have created those files for CraftBukkit.
    This is for Windows:
    If you keep getting "Outdated Server," all this means is that your client version is higher than your server version. For example, if your client version is version 1.1 ( latest ), and your server version is latest Recommended Build (1597).
    (NOTE: CHECK BOTTOM FOR DOWNLOADS. JENKINS CURRENTLY DOWN)
    To fix this, if you have the latest minecraft version, and you're getting "Server Outdated," either revert your minecraft back to 1.0 by obtaining an older minecraft.jar, and replace the minecraft.jar in C:\(or whatever the hard drive you installed minecraft on. Probably primary harddrive)User\(User Name)\AppData(You may not see this folder due to the hidden folders option. Turn hidden folders on or just type this whole thing into your "address bar" in Explorer\Roaming\.minecraft. So, for me:
    Code:
    C:\Users\MaxJason.Jmax\AppData\Roaming\.Minecraft
    Remember to replace your harddrive ( mine is "C:\" )
    and MaxJason.Jmax with yours. Replace the 1.0 Minecraft.jar with the new one.

OR,

During the time of writing, there is no Recommended Build ( a build of craftbukkit that is stable and thoroughly tested ) for Minecraft 1.1.
    However, there are DEV builds ( builds that are mostly stable ) that are compatible with the latest minecraft. The latest DEV build of minecraft at the time of writing can be available at: http://ci.bukkit.org/ (NOTE: CHECK BOTTOM FOR DOWNLOADS. JENKINS CURRENTLY DOWN)or more specifically: http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/1744/
    Download the latest dev that works ( doesn't have a red circle next to it ) and replace or delete the craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar in your Server folder with this latest dev build. Now that you've replace the .jar, go into your Run(or what you have named the file that runs your server).bat, edit with your text editor( you SHOULD be using Notepad++, it is very helpful)and change the .jar name from craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1 to the latest build name, which at the moment in that link, is:
    Code:
    craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    So, in my Run.Bat, it would be:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx4G -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE
    Replace the "jre7" with JRE6 IF ONLY IF you are using Java RE 6. To find out which version you are using, type in
    Code:
    java -version
    into command prompt.
    MY OUTPUT is:
    Code:
    java version "1.7.0_02"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_02-b13)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 22.0-b10, mixed mode)
    As you can see, it says "Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_02-b13). If it says at least "build 1.7.X, then use JRE7. If it says "build 1.6.X" then use JRE6!
    So, if I used JRE6, I would use:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx4G -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    Also, my run.bat says "-Xincgc -Xmx4G"
    This means my server will expand its memory usage until 4 Gigabytes. If you would like to use less or more, change the number to less or more.

Using either these of these solutions should solve "Outdated Server" for the time being. Bukkit is working very hard to get a Recommended Build working for 1.1, and PLEASE stop asking when it will be finished. They are working extremely hard!
    Another useful thread for various issues ( that does include Outdated Server ) that you should also read is:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/troubleshooting-common-problems-with-solution.44590/

Thank you for reading,

Jason​
    Downloads:
    EDIT: Jenkins is currently down due to high volume. Get the 1.0.1 build
    Here
    And the 1.1 Build:
    Here

HeligaGurkan likes this.
  2. Offline

HeligaGurkan

For me Windows can't locate the starter.bat file

3. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Well, the .bat file MUST be in the same folder as the craftbukkit.jar.
    You can create a shortcut, but you cannot move the .jar out of that folder.

4. Offline

HeligaGurkan

i have both of them in the same folder

5. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Post your starter.bat file text. The starter.bat must match the name of the craftbukkit.jar you currently have.

6. Offline

HeligaGurkan

@ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE
    This i have in my starter.bat

7. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

The message says "cannot locate craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar" correct?

8. Offline

HeligaGurkan

9. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Look in your root server folder. Is the craftbukkit.jar named EXACTLY what you have in the starter.bat? If it is not, change ONE of them. If both are EXACTLY THE SAME EVEN THE CASE OF LETTERS, then I don't know.

10. Offline

alfonsojon

If you are running a 1.0 server, replace craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar with craftbukkit 1.0.1-R2.jar
    If you are running 1.1, the syntax is correct.

Hope this helps :p

11. Offline

Dakotah Lucas

I am getting an error reads...

"Invalid or Corrupt jarfile craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar"

My Start.bat reads...

Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

Now get this... when I try to use the 1.0 file, it works perfectly fine... unfortunately not all of the people who use my server are computer literate enough to revert there bin to minecraft 1.0.1 =|

I thought that the problem might be caused because I did a right-click save target as to download the file, because ci.bukkit.org will not let me read ANYTHING, because for some reason my permissions are denied.

12. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

Try redownloading craftbukkit and transferring all your plugins over. CraftBukkit might actually not be able to run. And, you can try changing jre6 to jre7.

13. Offline

Dakotah Lucas

tried changing to jre7 but didnt work, followed the directory and it is jre6... i also redownloaded and noticed that the file size i have is only about 9kbs... when the 1.0 version is around 10 mbs... is it possible that the file IS actually corrupted?

14. Offline

ArrowToTheKnee

If it is 9kbs...yes it is and redownload.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.