Need help with /help :D

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by wishlord, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wishlord

Hey there, I hope this is the correct forum to post this topic in, if its not then im sorry and can gladly move it.

So my problem is:

I have permissionEx with groups(member, mod, admin e.t.c.) and when a member executes /help, he can see all the commands for the whole server, even those that are restricted to higher ranks.
    He cant use them though.

So I was thinking if there is a good plugin that lets me choose what they can see on each page.
    For example I found a good plugin called HelpPages but its outdated and creates java errors.

Any ideas?

I get the feeling Im doing something wrong when I only find some help plugins but all are outdated :/

2. Offline

Sayshal

Since I have no clue how to use the new Bukkit built-in help configuration, you might want to check out this:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...ocal-or-online-files-your-commands-1-2-5.894/

Not only can you make 100% customized help-files based on a permission node, but you can create other files like donation information, web links etc etc etc. :) Good plugin and a big help if you have the time to write out all the help.

3. Offline

wishlord

thanks for the tip, however I feel like MCDocs is to big for what I'm in need of, Ill use it as a last way out if there's no other help

4. Offline

Sayshal

Yeah, I know. I promise I searched for a working Help plugin. Maybe someone else who's more up-to-date on the built-in Bukkit help functions can help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.