Need Help with any Bukkit Stuff? Come here. i will try my best.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jasonsj10, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jasonsj10

I can help with many things.
    As In
    Permissions
    Bukkit Start Up Problems
    Starting a Server
    Choosing Plugins
    Stuff Like that. If i didnt name something
    then just ask anyways and i will see what i can do

I have Skype if it is necessarily.​
    Just PM me or Comment Your Problem.​
    Check Out My Sig!​

2. Offline

CraigRyder

3. Offline

Razorcane

Hm, well if you can help with choosing plugins, maybe you can help me find one that I'm looking for. I'm using GroupManager on my server, and I have it set to where Guests(the default rank) cannot build, while every other rank can. I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to create a zone(rather quickly would be preferable, such as picking points like WorldEdit) and allow my guests to build in that area regardless of their build status in GroupManager. The rest of the world would be considered Wilderness and they wouldn't be able to build, but in the Wilderness my Members, Mods, and Admins should be able to build. Is there such a thing?

4. Offline

jasonsj10

@Razorcane What I do is just make a nother world and diff permissions.

EDIT: And Make it the Spawning World For Defualts

5. Offline

Razorcane

That doesn't really answer my question because I want to do it in the same world.

6. Offline

jasonsj10

I see what you are saying. I have been looking for that for a wile. I think worldguard does it with regions but it never worked for me so i am not 100% sure. Look at the Region flags of worldguard

7. Offline

Razorcane

I hadn't thought about WorldGuard, but I'm using build 953 of Bukkit for MinecartMania(because it doesn't work with build 1000) and WorldGuard is for build 1000, so I don't know if it would work. I liked the look of Towny but it has limits, like the zones can only be a certain size and you can't specify group-wide privileges per-zone.

8. Offline

jasonsj10

Yes, Worldguard will work with 953

9. Offline

Razorcane

Yea, I got it working, I just hope it can do what I need it to do.

EDIT: I actually got it to work the way I need it to. I set guests build privelege to true, but set the global settings for the world to false, so that only certain people can build in the global zone. I then set a zone around the spawn area that will allow guests to build, and a smaller one around the small town I created in the spawn area, preventing them from placing objects there. It works a lot better than I hoped.

10. Offline

exoskeleton

HELP i need help can u help me??? it says unable to launch craftbukkit-0.0.1_SNAPSHOT so what do i do????

11. Offline

jasonsj10

I think i know the problem. What Type of Pc is it? 64 bit or 32? What Version of Java?

12. Offline

Bluecomet2013

I made a separate post for this, but me and my server's owner are trying to replace essentials with commandbook, but when we replace the jar files, our Permission groups fail and we basically have vanilla op and non-op groups. Also, /help is vanilla and no configuration file for commandbook is created. Commandbook itself works, though. All of its commands function normally on the server. Any suggestions?
    Some more info:
    • CraftBukkit Build: #1000
    • Server runs Windows 7 x64
    • We DO have WorldEdit and Permissions
    • There was no error message
    • Java version: 1.6.0_26

13. Offline

Stormbow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.