Need Help Installing Craftbukkit on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by wcnoco, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wcnoco

I have been following the instructions on the set up wiki for craftbukkit. I have java downloaded from the ubuntu software center (tried both versions 6 and 7).

I have created a file called 'craftbukkit.sh' and pasted this in (from the wiki).

#!/bin/sh
    BINDIR=$(dirname "$(readlink -fn "$0")")
    cd "$BINDIR"
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

I then downloaded the latest build and have it named 'craftbukkit.jar'

the .sh has the permission to execute and when i double click it I tell it to
    open in the terminal but all it does is open the terminal and close it.

i don't remember having this much trouble in the past. any help is much appreciated.

Also the files are in the same directory...

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts. Please don't double post. There is an Edit Button right next to the Date.>

2. Offline

tcvs

wcnoco add "read -n1 -r -p" to the end of your script. This should leave your console up so it does not close right away. Then tell us what your console prints out.

3. Offline

wcnoco

tcvs
    just did, the console seems to stay lit like half a second longer, but prints nothing and closes

4. Offline

tcvs

wcnoco hmm then i don't know what to say...

5. Offline

Boba4237sdad

6. Changing the name of the file doesn't change anything, other than the name of the file ;) What you've downloaded is "bukkit" most likely. Unfortunately, you need CraftBukkit to run a server, and you cannot obtain this due to the DMCA.

7. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.