Question NEED HELP! > How to get Old Faction Commands!!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by _EXODUSGamer_, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_EXODUSGamer_

Hey, Recently I am starting up a new faction server called EXOTime, everything was great until launch. When I launched the server everyone kept complaining about the new factions, which by the way I hate so much. I really want to get the old commands for factions, to work with the new factions!

For example, the new factions has a command to show your faction. The new factions command is /f faction, while the popular more known command is /f show. Even though this isn't a big deal, I was wondering how I could connect a /f show command, to the /f faction command, but at the same time disabling the /f faction command.

I have the bukkit plugin 'MyCommand' which works great, and I've also got a plugin called CommandBlocker. So what I have done is blocked the command (for example) /f faction, while in the mycommand plugin created a new command called /f show, that links to the /f faction command. But of course the problem is that players can't use it because it's still executing the /f faction, and that is block.

I do realise that this issue is very nit picky, but it would be awesome to get the old commands every is use to, to support the old timers ;) and make everyone happy.

Any thoughts on how I could achieve this?

-Dylan

PS. I do also know I could just make a command in 'MyCommand' that is /f show, and link it to the /f faction command, without disabling it so anyone can use both the commands, which would be even better. But I want to know if it's even possible to get what I want to achieve, to know for future, and maybe even other plugins.

{{Inappropriate content removed by Myrathi}}

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

I'm not sure that it's possible (and I don't know much about Factions), but why would you want to get rid of the new commands when as you've stated, you can make an alias for it and people can use both. If your only reason is just that you want to know if you can, then I wouldn't worry about it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.