need help connecting my friend to my server (Hamachi)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by rykuu, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rykuu

My friend (Mac user) is trying to connect to my server with Hamachi (no I cannot portforward till I get a new router) but even though we see eachother clearly on the Hamachi client, he cannot connect to my server. We have the IP and port properly typed, and other windows users can connect, but he cannot get on. Any thoughts?

2. Offline

^w^Nick^w^

Have you allowed him through Firewall? If not, go to 'Start' on the bottom-left of the screen and there should be a box called, 'Search programs and files.' Type in 'Firewall' and you should see Firewall files. There is a tab called 'Allow a program through Windows Firewall.' Click that tab and you should be in a URL called:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs

When in there, scroll down until you find all four Java files. On the left of the Java files, there are four boxes for each. <One box for each Java file.> Click ALL boxes to check. On the far right of the files, there are eight boxes, four in front and four in the back. Check all of them. Remember to only check the Java files. It should be able to work now. If not, please wait until you get your new router to portfoward.

-GuidePlays

3. Offline

raysoukey

Hope it can help:

http://www.command-tab.com/2008/08/29/how-to-run-hamachi-on-leopard/

4. Offline

rykuu

neither of these worked. I fear that a new router is not in my immediate future either and I haven't the money for a remote server (if I did I would use it on the router). Any other ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.