[NEED ASAP - Urgent!] YourRegion - Simple Protection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Build_and_Break, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Offline

Build_and_Break

Hello,

I am an extreme newbie to Bukkit coding, and can't handle this myself. As for my server (YourCraft), we lack a protection plugin. I know WorldGuard, iZone, EpicZones, etc., are great, but they don't allow users to make a region themselves. I am not very good with perms either, so I need an alternative. Here is my Request:

Plugin Name: YourRegion

Features: Allow users to select a region (Like in WorldGuard), and then protect it. They can alsouse commands to allow others to build, and manage the region (Like /region addmember or /region addowner , Member with less priority.). They should also be able to set Evil Mob spawning to off in their region, as well as expand it. They should be able to see a list of their refions, and delete any of them.

Configuration: I want to be able to easily set a Max region size & amount in the config. OPs should be able to exceed the Maximum.

Other Notes: Any dependencies are OK, EXCEPT for Spout. Also, (OPTIONAL) It would help if you could make a tutorial, as well as a list of features and commands, like a cheat sheet. Please keep in mind that this is only designed for my server, but feel free to expose it, might be good for the public too. One last thing, please include whether or not you will update this plugin for new CB Versions/ New MC Versions.

Thank you in advance,
    YourCraft Owner,
    Build_and_Break

2. Offline

Build_and_Break

Aslo, I would like to add to my post above: Please include whether or not you are comfortable for me to release it to Bukkit (Though I may not), under your approval. All credits given to the developer. Thank you!

3. Offline

Codisimus

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/regionown/ I hope to be releasing this soon, would you be interested in it at all? I can answer any questions you have but I think it includes everything you are looking for.

4. Offline

Build_and_Break

Thank you, and Kudos to Codisimus, But a couple of suggestions:

1. Being able to set prices to all features for a region and buying a region.
    2. Denying entry itself to a region, EX: /region denyentry , and allowing a specified player to enter, EX: /region allowentry [Player]

Anyway, I am looking for a good chuck of options, so I am open to any Ideas, whether it be a Plugin made, in development, or made for me, I need input. Thanks!

5. Offline

Codisimus

My plugin already has this.
    This can cause players to get stuck if they try to do something like jump on top of a region

6. Offline

Build_and_Break

Maybe something like /unstuck could fix this. Perhaps sending them north of the field and to the ground.

7. Offline

codename_B

8. Offline

Build_and_Break

codename_B: I don't exactly understand what it does. You see, plugins like RegionOwn, provided by Codisimus,
    is what I need. Keep the suggestions coming!

9. Offline

codename_B

Basically its a "build'n'claim" style model. Players claim (and expand) their region, simply by building!

10. Offline

Codisimus

Well I guess I could create that add-on

11. Offline

RingOfStorms

12. Offline

Build_and_Break

Very Ideal. Still, I need more suggestions!

13. Offline

RingOfStorms

griefprotection does exactly what you asked, if your still asking for suggestions people will get annoyed, we've given you lots, and you also have google.

14. Offline

Build_and_Break

Yes, I realize that, but there may be other Devs that have something as good as the ones given, or may make one for me. Just giving them a chance. And I have already tried Google numerous times.

Got it! Sorry, didn't exactly get it before... :oops:

Kudos to Codisimus on the plugin approval! I will be trying it out. Meanwhile, I will leave this thread open to suggestions/offers.;)

Bump?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  15. Offline

Codisimus

I released Version 0.2.0 of RegionOwn. It includes the feature you requested.

16. Offline

Build_and_Break

Thanks! My server members will love this.

17. Offline

Build_and_Break

18. I thought you already have the plugin?

19. Offline

Omnitv