Need a plugin tester

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by KrazyRaven, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KrazyRaven

Hello all!
    I've had it happen a couple of times where I release an update to one of my plugins, only to find a hidden bug due to not testing it enough. I don't always have the time to do that, so I would love it if someone (or even several people) would be willing to test my plugins before they are updated/released. Please reply if you are interested!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@KrazyRaven Why not release a beta file and get the users to test it?

3. Offline

KrazyRaven

@timtower
    Ok, how exactly would I do that? Just upload a file to bukkit and add a beta prefix? Or is there another, better, way to do it?

4. Online

@KrazyRaven When you upload a file there is a field between changelog and version numbers.
    That is where you can change it to alpha, beta or release.

5. Offline

KrazyRaven

6. Online

@KrazyRaven Make also sure to tell that it can contain bugs with a link where they can report them.

7. Offline

mcdorli

You mean tickets? Actually, this should be available for every plugin, because no matter how much you test things, there is always a bug hiding somewhere. E.g. in skyrim, they were not one, but three different roots, to get out of bounds, but the testers wasn't skilled enough, to find them.

8. Online

@mcdorli Or comments, I don't mind how the issues are reported.

9. Offline

mcdorli

Me neither, but it is just nicer to have everything like "Ohh, I need to try this out, this looks cool" and the "the plugin gave me this error" type of things in different place.

timtower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.