Filled Nametag and Chat Improvments

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by HerobrineLivesHere, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Plugin category: Chat Related

Suggested name: Nametag and Chat Improvments

What I want: I'd like to see a plugin that creates a yml file and then it you can create custom colors and prefixes for nametags and chat. It should be like this format in the yml file
    groups: - Category groups
    gold: - Name of a group
    prefix: &e[Gold] - The prefix. It should a yellow gold prefix for everyone with the permission.
    nametag: &eG - The nametag of everyone with the permission.
    permission: namechat.gold - The permission. It can be whatever you want it to be (But t can't override another permission) If you put the permission to a group they will get the prefix in chat and nametag you put here

I also want to be able to change the chat format. Like instead of <Player123> it can be Player: when he says something.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: You make your own permissions

When I'd like it by: ASAP but take your time! :)

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. I forgot to add something.

I want to be able to change the chat format. So instead of Like <Player123> Hello, you can have Player123: Hello. I tried Chat Manager that comes with PEX but it doesn't allow me to change it. I will edit it in the post.

4. Online

ChatManager was always able to do this, not anymore then?
    EDIT: You sure that it was enabled?

5. Yeah. To start off it is like this "<%prefix%player%suffix> %message" I tried to change it to "%prefix%player%suffix: %message" but it just keeps changing back

EDIT: Also I want to update PermissionsEX but it doesn't support Chat Manager anymore.

6. Online

Do you get any errors in the console? Maybe you are trying to do something that isn't allowed ( not sure ),
    Are there single quotes around it when you change it? If not: Add them.

7. I found something in the console. It doesn't allow me to use a '%' at the start. But I need it for %prefix

8. Online

Try making it "&f%prefix" then it will be white, then the prefix will follow

9. Nope. I get this error in the console.
    "found character % '%' that cannot start any token. (Do not use % for indentation)"

10. Online

Is it in single quotes?

11. Offline

BillyGalbreath

% is a java special character when it comes to strings. Thats why I dont use them in my plugins. Check out my Pl3xChat plugin and see if it fits your needs. Dont worry about the posted version, it still works even for 1.6.4 as I use it on my main server.

12. What do you mean?

13. Online

Is it like this:
    Code:
    format: '%prefix%player%suffix: %message'
    Or like this:
    Code:
    format: %prefix%player%suffix: %message

14. I tried to add '' but it didn't work and the other one doesn't work either.

15. Online

Then try to put "&f" in front of it

16. I tried, didn't work. It still got the error that it doesn't allow the % even if I have &f in the start.

17. Online

I will see what I can do for you, don't expect this very fast though ( I am not in a rush )
    EDIT: Quote from the ChatManager github page:

18. I tried but it just disables the plugin. :(

19. Online

Console error?

20. Nevermind. I got it to work. I didn't notice the enable was on false. >_>

timtower likes this.
  21. Online

Everybody makes mistakes ;) Glad to hear that it is fully functional, please mark the thread as filled, top right corner, thread tools, edit thread

22. Offline

SonicfanHD

So you want 'SonicfanHD: Heyufyfjfjsjkfsf' instead of 'Sonicfanhd> jfshfhsfhfh'?
    If so, Just download EssentialsChat,
    Sorry if this isnt what your looking for :c

23. Online

SonicfanHD