Named Items in Crafting Recipes

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheChugBug, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheChugBug

I want to know if there is a way to make crafting recipes based on the item's name.
    For example, if I put a dirt block in a crafting table, it won't do anything. But if I put a dirt block named "Super Dirt" it will give me a diamond.

I really need this solved soon, it's really important.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Offline

CarPet

Get the Display name and check if it super dirt...

3. Offline

TheChugBug

So how would I do that? Please be more specific.

BUMP

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  4. I doubt it's that important. Check the JavaDocs and use this event.

5. Offline

TGRHavoc

He was being specific. Item.getItemMeta().getDisplayName() will return the name of the item. Check that with a simple "IF" statement.

6. Offline

TheChugBug

But you can't do that code inside a crafting recipe.

7. Offline

TGRHavoc

TheChugBug

AdamQpzm likes this.
  8. Offline

TheChugBug

Would this same thing work with furnace recipes? Because I need that too.

9. TheChugBug You would have to make your own logic using InventoryClickEvent I believe, as there's no furnace equivalent to PrepareItemCraftEvent.

10. Offline

desht

11. Offline

Coopah

TheChugBug
    If I was you I would check after you've made the crafting recipe.
    Then check what ever the recipe is called and the shapes you've used. Check if the symbols you've used are equal to a item with a custom crafting name?

12. Offline

desht

You can actually use the FurnaceBurnEvent for this; I do it here: https://github.com/desht/sensibleto...letoolbox/listeners/GeneralListener.java#L247

The CustomRecipeManager.validateCustomSmelt() call there can be replaced with any test to see if the item is OK to be cooked. My code spits the item out on the ground if it isn't - while that's not essential, I'd recommend it for efficiency; otherwise a FurnaceBurnEvent will be thrown every tick when the furnace tries to cook the item.

AdamQpzm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.