Name and chat coloring issues. [Updated from previous post]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by standsfield, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

standsfield

For some reason everyone has a white colored name, despite the prefix I've specified in permissionex. Also, every group has the ability to type colored characters in chat, even ones without the essentials.chat.color permission node.

I am not using the chatmanager plugin from permissionex. I was told not to use it, and I uninstalled essentials chat and tried it - it also has issues with the coloring. So now I am using the essentials chat plugin without chatmanager and everyone has a white name (despite different coloring in the prefix in permissionex) and everyone can type colored chat (even without the essentials.chat.color permission).

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Is anyone familiar with this problem? I am just trying to correct 3 things - name colors for the prefix I have specified in permissionex (everyone has a white color name despite a different prefix), and the ability for certain users to be able to type colors with the essential.chat.color permission (as of now everyone can, even without the permission).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

Necrodoom

as i said before, it sounds like you have another chat plugin, so paste your startup log.

3. Offline

standsfield

Here is the startup log. I know there is a error with the log block mysql, but I don't want to set it up and I suppose the error is ok so I am ignoring it. :p

Thanks!

4. Offline

standsfield

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

5. Offline

Necrodoom

xauth? is server offline mode?
    also multiple plugins i dont know much off, may need checking. (simpleclans, legacy, gender, etc, not sure if any has any chat plugin functions)

6. Offline

Adriani6

Right, it might not server related.
    Some players have that issue, their chat, on all servers, go all white.
    There's a way to fix it. I'll look it up and inform you as soon as I find it.

7. Offline

standsfield

The server isn't in offline mode. I just prefer a local user database with xauth. But I am still confused with the colors, everyone's name is white, and it is quite frustrating.

Ok. Thanks!

8. Offline

Adriani6

Mailed you the fix. Just in case I get in trouble for posting links to those fixes.

9. Offline

standsfield

Got your message, thanks. But this doesn't fix the problem.

There are 6 possible ways that I have been able to set up the chat and configure settings, and none of them are working. #1 and #2 are the closest, but not quite. But all of the options are disregarding the colored letters in chat permissions, and people without the permission can still type colored letters.

1. I have essentials chat and chatmanager (from permissionex) installed. I labeled
    Code:
    # Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
    change-displayname: true
    in the essentials config. This results in the names being properly colored, but the chat isn't white by default - it is the color of the name.

2. This is pretty much the same as #1. Same plugins installed, but the config is marked as false. This has the same result as #1.

3. I just have essentials chat installed. The code is marked true. Same result as #1.

4. I just have essentials chat installed. The code is marked false. Same result as #1.

5. I just have chat manager installed. The code is marked as false. Same result as #1.

6. I just have chat manager installed. The code is marked as true. Same result as #1.
    Thanks again! :)

10. Offline

Necrodoom

hm, if the error isnt related to the chat plugin, i dont know the solution.

11. Offline

standsfield

There isn't really much of a config, but it may be that I haven't fully configured these plugins.?.?.?.? But I find it quite odd that noone can type on the server (clearly a permission issue), and the coloring is messed up. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.