[NACTIVE][FUN/MECH] ThunderTools v0.3 - Create entire lightning storms at will![766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by petrifiednightmares, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ThunderTools - Create entire lightning storms at will! Build lightning blocks!
    Version: v0.3

A configurable plugin that allows you to create lightning storms at the specified location and build redstone triggered lightning blocks as traps!

Features:
    • You must be server op to use these features. Permissions support coming later.
    • Allows the user to use gold sword (283) to create a lightning strike at the targeted location. The item in use is configurable.
      • Left click with the item to create a strike at the targeted location.
    • Allows the user to use a stick (280) to create a giant lightning storm at the targeted location. The item in use is configurable. See this video for more information:
      • Left click the item to create a storm at the targeted location.
      • Right click with the item to create a storm at your location. (You will not take damage from your own strike)
    • Allows the user to build a furnace and connect redstone wires up to it. Once the user turns on a signal, the furnace block will emit a lightning strike. Make sure no blocks are directly below the furnance. The block in use (furnace) is fully configurable)
    • Can be set to detonate an explosion at the base of every lightning strike.
    Permissions Support:

• ThunderTools.strike to be able to create a thunderstrike.
    • ThunderTools.storm to be able to create a thunderstorm.

Config.yml:

• strike.enabled determines whether user controlled lightning strikes should be enabled. Defaults to true
    • strike.item chooses which item to control lightning strikes. Defaults to 283
    • storm.enabled determines whether user controlled lightning storms should be enabled. Defaults to true
    • storm.item chooses which item to control lightning storms. Defaults to 280
    • redstone.enabled determines whether redstone triggered lightning blocks are enabled. Defaults to true
    • redstone.item determines which block acts as redstone triggered lightning block. Defaults to 19
    • explosion.enabled determines whether there is an explosion at the point of lightning Defaults to false
    If you do not have permissions, it defaults to ops.

Download The ThunderTools Plugin/Source

Note for navigating github:
    You may press the "Downloads" button to download this as a zip file. If you don't want the source and only want the .jar file, just click on the Pitfall.jar. Then click view raw, and it should give you a download file. If not, right click view raw and click save link as.​

Pictures:
    pictures (open)

A redstone enabled lightning block
    [​IMG]

Pressing the button:

[​IMG]

AAHHH!!

[​IMG]

Holding a stick:

[​IMG]

STORM!

[​IMG]

FEAR THE GOD OF LIGHTNING!
    [​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Added support for explosions.
    Version 0.2b
    • Fixed a bug that would disable repeating scheduled tasks by other plugins.
    Version 0.2a

• Important fix regarding scheduler.
    Version 0.2

• Added permissions support
    Version 0.1

• Added the plugin
    Todo:

• Permissions support

Noppoly likes this.
  2. Offline

Crafty Crafter

3. Offline

shadydeath999

how about adding a command to toggle the thunder strike's

4. Offline

flea1777

Ok i like this mod alot especially when messing around with lightning but i have found an error if i get lightning to hit any metal block eg iron gold diamond ect ect the server freezes and gives me this error

20:09:17 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.EntityPainting.damageEntity(Enti
    tyPainting.java:209)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Entity.a(Entity.java:652)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Entity.a(Entity.java:1180)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.EntityWeatherStorm.p_(EntityWeat
    herStorm.java:112)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:928)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:367)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:285)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:394)
    20:09:17 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPainting.damageEntity(EntityPainting.java:
    209)
    at net.minecraft.server.Entity.a(Entity.java:652)
    at net.minecraft.server.Entity.a(Entity.java:1180)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWeatherStorm.p_(EntityWeatherStorm.java:11
    2)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:928)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:367)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    >

dunno what this is but its very annoying

5. Offline

thepackett

Big bug :O
    i have multiple worlds and if i make a lightning strike in one world then it will also be in all other worlds.

6. Offline

danicoolman

yes i do

7. Offline

gh256

parkza likes this.
  8. Offline

nanashiRei

This plugins causes ControllerBlock to stop working, however there is no error message in console that tells one what going on. It happens after you do the storm thing with the stick. /reload genrally fixes this problem but i had to uninstall it because of that, would be cool if you could look into it.

9. Sorry for the delay, 'twas finals week.

I fixed the problem with thundertools breaking other plugins with schedules and repeating tasks.

10. Offline

Pythros

Hmm.. I noticed in your video towards the end, that the lightning got rid of some of the ground? But, I can't get it to do that, of which I would really like to destroy towns with :)

11. Ah, that's actually not a feature of the plugin. What happened was my world had a bunch of suspended gravel. When the lightning the gravel, the server did a physics check and the gravel fell down a block.

Before:
    [gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel]
    [air][air][air][air][air][air][air][air][air]
    [cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble]

After:
    [air][air][air][air][air][air][air][air][air]
    [gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel][gravel]
    [cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble][cobble]

12. Offline

Pythros

Oh dang. That got my hopes up. Anyway by chance you can incorporate an item to strike lightning and create an explosion on contact such as the size of a creeper?

13. Alright, coming right up!

Added explosion support!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  14. Offline

Pythros

Nice. I like the explosion, perhaps configurable to a tool or something? I don't want all my strikes cause an explosion xD

15. Offline

phaed

Your "permissions support" section in the OP makes no sense. I think you confused it with your "config.yml" seciton.

16. Offline

thepackett

I assume this will be updated for 1.6 once the recommended build comes out?
    i love this plugin! :D

17. Offline

GlaDOS2

I g
    I got the same problem, but i dont have permissions installed., i dont know how to install it

18. Offline

kyfwana

Hi, I can't change the size of the strike explosions.

explosion:
    enabled: true
    force: 3.0

changing force is having no effect. I've tried 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0. There is no difference that I can tell in magnitude of the explosion. It seems to be stuck on the lowest setting.

Would it be possible to set the damage to players/mobs separately from the damage to terrain?

19. Offline

MathiasTangre

20. Offline

colin8696909

awsome but you need it to cost something like diamond or gold otherwise people will just spam it

21. Offline

lostsoul

*bump* please add option OpOnly: true/false so no permissions and no OP= everyone , thanks . We do not use permissions

22. Offline

fatmarley

updated to the new permissions and this stopped working...

Last post was may 16th...assuming the worst.

RECOMMEND you do not use this on 953...the stick will continuously shoot out lighting and cause block damage/lag

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  23. Offline

willfancher38

I'm having an issue where people are not hurt by the lightning. also, the fire created by the lightning disappears right after the strike. and the redstone thing doesn't work either. It is most likely because i'm on bukkit 953. Is this going to be updated at all anymore?

24. Offline

Jazy Lopez

Sadly most plugins use that "Fake" lightning... Which removes the fun of the lightning in the first place :'(

25. Offline

natedogg569

Make a command to turn this plugin on or off

26. Offline

MCTSS

Dose Bukkit Premissions Work?
    and if they do what would i put in so only i can use thundertools

27. Would it be possible to configure the lightnings, so they dont set blocks on fire and dont harm anybody?

28. Offline

Pythros

29. Offline

xphoenixxx

I had trouble with lighting blocks too, mine started working when i added permission
    ThunderTools.redstone then built a unit like the photo above (ie a lighting block, with a single airgap under it, and a power source (eg touch plate for bug zapper or redstone for more complex setups) on the block immediately next to and on the same level as. No other configuration works. Power above it or below it, or feeding into the side on a lower level wont work. It has to be on the same floor level, even if your lighting block has a block above, so long as there was the air gap and 1 power source next to at same height it worked after that. Now i know how it works i like it, makes it harder for players to stumble on how to make them work by accident.

What would be nice is a way to either run the same plugin twice (with explosions on and off assigned to different blocks and wand items) or have a /command to turn explosion on or off, or better yet, have an optional setting for a third and 4th item that can do lighting and storms with explosions too instead of on or off only.
    Also Will need a permission like thundertools.redstone.create, thundertools.redstone.explode.create, thundertools.strike.explode and thundertools.storm.explode

would also be cool if you could have the block lighting hit the next block below it (although killrooms sound like it should do that already not fully tested that since all my blocks target stuff above not below) then you could use it in flight mod setups as a ground attack weapon, or have distant aerial structures that can make killing fields below good for pvp warground servers with artillery support needed or such. You would want a random strike seed in that setup however so it hits blocks within a defined radius of the next ground block down at random otherwise its just going to dig a shaft.

Do all that, and then you have a complete plugin that does it all where lighting is concerned. But as is, is still one of the funnest plugs i setup, i now have a wizards tower which has lighting striking the roof continually if i want. Looks awesome (or epic for those who prefer that term :p ) at night and/or in storms.

30. Offline

xphoenixxx

Aww it worked up until R4 but R6 finally broke it :eek:( I am going to miss this. I have a single strike lighting ability but the lighting blocks and storm options were epic, and used by a lot of my players.

Source is available, any chance someone else wants to pick this project up again? Jars look pretty straightforward coding wise. I would think that only a few api or entity reference names need correcting for R6 and it would work fine again. I would have a go but my skills are old turbopascal, not "java" so i have no idea how you compile it :eek:(

31. Offline

jkmalan

xphoenixxx
    I have looked at the source and decided to work on this a bit, i started work a few hours ago, ill finish up, do some testing, and if all goes well, I will post the link to it on Dev Bukkit. It will be called ThunderGod, and will be a little lacking at first, but will be completed and even extended in time.