n00b alert - Need serious help with "Permissions 3.x"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Siderz, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Siderz

I'm a bit of a n00b at this stuff so bear with me and don't yell at me if you fnd this really simple stuff.

I installed CommandBook so friends can use such commands as "/spawn" or "/online" or "/rules" etc. and I got it sorted, put rules down and it worked for me (As an OP) but my friend tried it and claimed it said "You do not have permission" so I went to this page and on the right hand side it talks about permissions. I looked about a bit and found the Permissions plugin. Read a bit and it seemed rather complicated.

This is what I've done so far:
    [​IMG]

Upon starting the server again, I went on a friends account (He's not an OP) and typed "/online" and it still said I haven't got permission.

What am I doing wrong? What exactly am I supposed to fill in?

I only want to give visitors permission to do simple stuff like "/online" and not stuff like "/give". Maybe if I send someone to file(s), you'll edit it for me?

And how will I make it so it automatically sends newcommers to a group?

Remember, go easy on me. Don't try sending me away from creating a server just because I'm not very good in this field.

2. Offline

jtlcr777

First you don't need to put anyone in the group "default" because...well its the default one and players will automatically go into that one if not specified.

Does the console say anything about not being able to load permissions?

3. Offline

Siderz

People weren't automatically getting added.

I decided to try it again this morning. People were automatically getting added. Still, no permissions. And although I set build to true, you weren't able to break blocks.

I just tried it again. People were once again, not getting automatically added. So I added my test subject SunyDee. Restarted the server, and again, it wouldn't work.

The console says it successfully loads permissions. However, when breaking blocks, it comes up with this "[SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PLACE to Permissions" but blocks still break and still grant you the item.

4. Offline

jtlcr777

that BLOCK_PLACE usually means you have named the file wrong (at least in the old version it did)It should be like this:

Permissions folder --> {world name} folder --> groups.yml and users.yml

And one more thing
    So...which one is it?

5. Offline

Siderz

First try: No permissions. Did not automatically add people to the list. Blocks were breakable.

Second try: No permissions. Automatically added people to the list. Blocks weren't breakable.

Third try: No permissions. Did not automatically add people to the list. Blocks were breakable.

I've put the folders in the correct place. My world name is just World, so the folder is named World.

The second paragraph of the quote was answering what the console says.

6. Offline

jtlcr777

Hm...I think you will need more help than just from me. Try posting your yml's on code, maybe I can help you better that way.

7. Offline

Siderz

Code:
    users:
        Sunydee:
            groups:
            permissions:
                - commandbook.who
                - commandbook.motd
                - commandbook.rules
                - commandbook.setspawn
                - commandbook.spawn
                - commandbook.whois

Code:
    groups:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix:
                build: true
            permissions:
                - commandbook.who
                - commandbook.motd
                - commandbook.rules
                - commandbook.setspawn
                - commandbook.spawn
                - commandbook.whois
            default: false
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - commandbook.kick
                - commandbook.teleport
        Admin
            default: false
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix:
             permissions:
                - '*'
    CommandBook doesn't seem to be updated for build 818. I've also just noticed that Permissions has been updated. Might try again later.

8. Offline

jtlcr777

I believe you need quotes around the nodes like 'commandbook.teleport'. Though Im not sure that is needed.

9. Offline

Siderz

Researched some stuff and it said I didn't need the speech mark things.

Also, on my first try I had them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.