MysteryCrates

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by coolmonkey123101, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Plugin category: FUN, MISCELLANEOUS

Suggested name: MysteryCrates

What I want: I would like a plugin that gives players a Mysterycrate when they use the command /crate open. I would like a plugin exactly like this:
    I would like a message to be announced to the server about what the person got.
    Please I am very desperate for this plugin and it would be great if you could help me!

Ideas for commands: /crate open, /crate balance, /crate give (username) (amount),

Ideas for permissions: crate.open, crate.give, crate.balance

When I'd like it by: August 1

2. Offline

Toyz

I could give it a shot i already wrote one of these previously so changing i to suit your needs it not really that hard. I will look into it when I get home from work today

--- Edit ---

Do you want to be able to define commands or a chest interface for the winings?

3. I just want the commands not actual chests

did you look at the video? I want the plugin exactly like that. In the config I want to be able to execute any command when a person does /crate open. Like when a person does /crate open the console executes a command like /give stone 5 or whatever

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

Toyz

No Sorry youtube doesn't work at my work as we have it disable in the firewall, that is why I asked.

Yes I can do something like that I will work on it as soon as I get home from work today shouldn't take me more then a hour or so pending on how complex you want the system to go but by the looks of it you want a simple one so shouldn't be to hard/long of a job

5. Ok thx, tell me when you get home so you can watch the video and we can discuss it.

6. Offline

Toyz

Will do I should be getting off in a few hours or so (I work as a Engineer) so my time shifts off and on

coolmonkey123101

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6w3yze8jb8h3q5/MysteryCrates.jar

Permissions:
    crate.open: Open a crate
    crate.give: Give a user a crate
    crate.balance: Allows users to see there balance
    crate.reload: Allows you to reload the plugin

Commands:
    /crate reload - reload the plugin
    /crate open - Open a crate
    /crate give user amount - Give user a crate
    /crate bal or balance - Show users balance

Config Options:
    prefix: The prefix shown in chat for the command
    cost: The Cost of which it takes to open crates
    rewards: Random list of rewards that a user can get from opening a crate

Misc Features:
    Balance.yml: Stores all user balances in UUID format

Running Image:
    [​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. There are some problems with the plugin when i first loaded the plugin it worked fine and the next time i loaded it the config changed and the are unlimited crates please help!

8. Offline

Toyz

Yea i will add a help command in the morning

9. The config is not functioning correctly. Toyz

10. Offline

Toyz

What is it doing @coolmonkey123101

11. Offline

Toyz

Let me look into this bug i know the save bug is something i don't think i can fully address as i'm using the saveConfig() built into bukkit

As for the unlimited bug is it failed to check if they have the right amount or what?

I am unable to reproduce your unlimited keys bug I just ran a travis test and then ran it on my personal test server with a few friends and none of us can dupe or get unlimited keys

12. well say a player has 1 crate they can do /crate open as many times and when they do /crate bal its still at 1 crate

13. Offline

Toyz

I added in help and i will check this bug

14. ok thx tell me if you can fix the config thing too

15. Offline

Toyz

I just tested and gave myself one key and am unable to reuse the key after it's used

16. also the second bug about the unlimited keys only happened after the config was changed

17. Offline

Toyz

I tested the config you gave me with it and it's still not unlimited but if the cost is 0 i think it will fire to be unlimited cause its checking if bal < cost so if cost = 0 then bal will never be lower

18. ohhhh ok so every time it will cost the players $1

19. Offline

Toyz

I redid the config i had to remove the check invy space as it wasn't working as planned to the system

If you rasie it to say 2 it will cost 2 and I will upload the new plugin to that same url

20. Offline

Toyz

Minor thing forgot to add the auto saver to the balances i am adding it in the new download

coolmonkey123101 Download is updated it should be fixed for you now and I will push another update when i figure out why it's not wanting to save comments for ya

21. Thank you soo much!

22. Offline

Toyz

Not a problem I have to get to bed so just message me on here if you run into issues and i will address then when i get up

23. save what comments?

ok

Ok this is not an issue but it is a suggestion, can you make it so that in the config there is a message that will be displayed when a mystery crate is opened. like in the config under the first mystery crate at the bottom can you put like a message line that can be, Message: "&8[MysteryCrates]&7 %player opened a mystery crate and received 2 diamond tools!"

also can you make it so that there are different percentages of rarity values to the mystery crates. Can you make a part in the config configurable so that there is a place where it says rarity: and you put the percentage of how rare it would be in, like 10% of the time and so on.

I know its asking a lot but i hope it can work!

24. Can you make it work? Toyz

25. You don't have to make the percentage part but the messages i need urgently! Toyz

26. Offline

Toyz

Sorry i've been out of town haven't had time to code. Yes I can easily add them, and the options are already pretty configurable

27. ok so are going to add both suggestions? And by when?

28. Offline

Racer1423

Hey Toyz Im just wondering is it possible if you could make it so, When you do /crate give {username} Is it possible that you could actually customize what would be the item you would have to open to get the items E.G,

Say i wanted the Enderchest as a crate, Then i do /crate give racer1423 Then the crate will be a enderchest then when i right click the crate the items from the config that i have chosen will be in my inventory,
    Also could there be a percentage like 20% rare stuff that we choose in the config then 80% rubbish stuff?

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I also hope it is possible you could do this because i've tried many other crate plugins and the closest i got was greencrate but it was very buggy since it kept giving me stuff i didnt want it to,
    -Racer