MySQL vs SQlite

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by robotnikthingy, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

robotnikthingy

Hi, i was wondering if there were any advantages of using SQlite over MySQL. Right now my server provider provides everyone their own MySQL database, so i wondering if i should take advantage of that to save a little space on my server, but i need to know hich of the 2 is better overall, and what the advantages and disadvantages of both of them are

2. Offline

lDucks

Sqlite is preinstalled with Bukkit, while MySQL is not. I recommend using MySQL, easier to read and manage. Sqlite is easier to duplicate. They're pretty much the same thing, just pick one you like.

3. Offline

Lolmewn

Meh, they're both databases. SQLite is easier to transport over since it's in a file (usually in the plugin's folder), but MySQL is also fairly easy.

4. Offline

robotnikthingy

Also, would a MySQL database on a different server help take the load off of the server running minecraft? Mainly im trying to increase free space and performance of the server

5. Offline

lDucks

Wouldn't make much of a difference, in fact it may take longer for your server to try and grab data across the Internet

6. Offline

Clinton

SQLite will probably be faster for small databases.

7. Offline

Mortalsinn

Don't forget the web / game server interaction advantage with MySQL. Probably using the wrong wording but what I mean is that with MySQL you can show real time stats on your website from in game things such as McMMO stats, various economies, PvP stats, Core Protect Interfaces for your staff etc...

As far as I know you can't do this with SQLite, correct me if I am wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.