MySQL Setup?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ProjectInfinity, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ProjectInfinity

2. Offline

kenneth123

3. Offline

zajacmp3

you need to have a mysql server and database connector .jar in main folder

4. Offline

ProjectInfinity

That won't help me. I am looking for information about MySQL, not the server setup itself.

edit:
    @zajacmp3
    Is there any documentation on this? I don't get why bukkit needs to be so much more difficult to use.

5. Offline

mughi

bukkit neither has nor requires mysql support.. does not REQUIRE mysql

apparently you are trying to use a plugin which does.. you need to check with the plugin author

or google mysql setup

this post is invalid.. nothing to see here.. move along - mughi

i misread your request and then borked my response.. sorry for the misinformation

it definitely does not REQUIRE mysql support

plugins can use mysql if they want though

i just don't think it uses it by itself for anything
    --- merged: Feb 23, 2011 5:52 PM ---
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/using-mysql.3580/#post-76682

also, searching for mysql on this site brings up several plugins.. perhaps the threads/authors/source code for those plugins would help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  6. Offline

TnT

In my opinion (personal opinion, may not be the opinion of other Bukkit staff) that MySQL is overkill most of the time. Are you really sure you need it, or just using it because some mods support it?

How is it a death blow? You could just have your web gui read the flat files.

Also, as mughi noted, some plugins offer MySQL or SQLite support. There really isn't anything in Bukkit that requires MySQL support. None of the flat files from the default server are more than a couple dozen lines. It might be added in, just like hMod had, but I do not know if they are working on it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.