Solved My server only allows me to get on it! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xpro43x, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xpro43x

After 1.2.4 came out i havent been able to get friends to join my server. I have tried everything that is suggested in the thing above about common problems with server. Its not the world because I copied the world save and put the basic server that you can download at minecraft.net and it works perfectly fine. I have removed all the plugins and tried to have my friends join and still nothing. I have made sure that they have the right ip and its correct with mine that I gave them. I don't know what to do! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    xpro43x

2. Offline

flamedaces

did you port forward?

3. Offline

xpro43x

You mean like go to my router brands website put in 25565 to allow it? If thats the question then yes and my firewall allows it too.

4. Offline

Rickster

From what you said, it seems that you already had a server running, so I do not think port forwarding or other networking issues could be the problem. What exactly happens when your friends try to connect? What does it say on their computers? Is there any output to the console? Even though it probably is not a networking issue:

• If your friends are connecting from outside your network (like, from their house), they need to use the IP found here: ipchicken.com (click, and note the IP address)
    • If your friends are connecting from INSIDE your network (like, they are visiting you, at your house), they need to use a different IP. Open command prompt and type "ipconfig" (no quotes). They should use the IP in the list that starts with "192.168".
    I say this because sometimes IP addresses can change. Once my IP changed randomly, and I thought it was something wrong with the server for quite a bit, only to find out later that the server was fine!

- gfrung4

5. Offline

xpro43x

They told me that it tells them polling polling then can't connect to server or it says they timed out. So i asked them what the ip was and they told me the exact thing that it still is. (I clicked your link to make sure and they told me the same ip the website had). I don't know whats wrong with it.

6. Offline

Rickster

It sounds like something is still blocking it. I would recommend rechecking to see if port 25565 is still open. You can also try running it on a different port (open server.properties, change "25565" to something else). Since you already had a server running, I find it very strange that it randomly stopped. I do not believe it had to do with 1.2.4 either. To narrow the options, you can:

1. Start a server on 1.2.3, not 1.2.4.
    2. Have your friends look at their server lists. They cannot connect (since they have newer version), but the listing should show up (and not go Polling... Polling...) if it works.
    3. If it worked, then 1.2.4 is causing it. If it did NOT work, then something weird happened with your network and you should check to see if port 25565 is still forwarded, or use a different port.

- gfrung4

7. Offline

xpro43x

I downloaded a 1.2.3 jar file and tried it and still nothing. I also checked that the port was not blocked by my router or my firewall. And it wasn't so i changed the port to 25560 for both and still nothing.

I did this and nothing. so ya i dont know what to do now. Any other suggestions? They would get greatly welcomed!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  8. Offline

MUSTARDJAR-BMS

im having the same problem yesterday myself and some others were in the server and it crashed and then poof no one can get into the server but me :( im portforwarding and i have a static ip and nothing in the ip= config. plasse help me too :( admins dont have time it seems to help me ou t

9. Offline

xpro43x

Same and I dont know how it happened. Everyone still has the correct ip as they did before and mine didnt change. We need admin help but they probably wont see this. Unfortunately.

10. Offline

vicmac1995

I'm having this problem too, but i havent had any help either! :(

11. Offline

Rickster

Since it is impossible for running a minecraft server to cause your port to get un-forwarded, I really do not have any idea. The only other thing I can recommend is this:

1. Download this free port checker tool. (It's safe, I use it.)
    2. Install and run it.
    3. Enter the port number in the box (25565) and click "Add".
    4. Click "begin".
    5. If it says it is not open, then it is another problem. If it says success, then it is indeed a problem with Bukkit.
    I really do not know what to say, but I hope that can help narrow it down,
    - gfrung4

12. Offline

xpro43x

I downloaded the file and when i got to the install, where it says install ask bar i click the install button at the bottom and they window disappears and no download.

13. Offline

Rickster

I use that other tool, but it does seem that its download is broken. I found a new one and updated the link. This one seems just as reliable. I tested it and it works as expected. Here is my post again:

Since it is impossible for running a minecraft server to cause your port to get un-forwarded, I really do not have any idea. The only other thing I can recommend is this:

1. Download this free port checker tool. (It's safe, I use it.)
    2. Install and run it.
    3. Enter the port number in the box (25565) and click "Add".
    4. Click "begin".
    5. If it says it is not open, then it is another problem. If it says success, then it is indeed a problem with Bukkit.
    I really do not know what to say, but I hope that can help narrow it down,
    - gfrung4

NOTE: The link did NOT change in your quote of me. If people click the link in my quote in your post, it will take them to the wrong one.

14. Offline

xpro43x

Ok i checked my port and it open so its something with bukkit. So i guess i delete bukkit and reinstall it. If im wrong please correct me. (By the way thanks for all the help)
    -xpro43x

15. Offline

Rickster

You're welcome! I really do not know what to say at this point though. Since the port is clearly open, and you had it all running before, everything should be fine. Maybe someone who knows more about Bukkit could help you here! Good luck!

- gfrung4

16. Offline

Wendo

I'm surprised no one has asked you for the stuff requested in the sticky posts yet, like server console or server log, list of addons, exactly what version the server and client are that you're using.

17. Offline

xpro43x

Probably because i said before that i tried it with basic minecraft server and it worked and i also tried it without my plugins and it still didnt work. I also have the lastest craftbukkit jar for 1.2.4

18. Offline

CodeRaptor

I had the same problem, so i deleted my port forward. Now i forget how to do it (UDP or TDP) Im on verizon btw.

19. Offline

MUSTARDJAR-BMS

im having a closed port problem i have already made sure it was allowed in my windows firewall,port forwarding, everything router and all. im not sure how to make the port stay open :1 it opens and closes as it pleasess :!

20. Offline

sverre26

That has never hapebd to me :) ;-)

21. Offline

jk123412

Plz can some one help me i have portforwarded but my friends still snt get on

22. Offline

creeperboom

I have tried everything re port forwarded it downloaded new craft bukkit changed the ip but still nothing PLEASE HELP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.