Solved My plugin.yml not reading?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by DamnHippo, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DamnHippo

2. Offline

Lecrayen

Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.ReaderException: special characters are not allowed

3. Offline

DamnHippo

There arnt any

4. Offline

Lecrayen

By that it either means the space that I'm able to highlight on the 5th line, or the § section signs in the permission-messages.

5. Offline

Quantum64

You can't have selection signs and I would do manual permission checks anyway.

6. Offline

DamnHippo

7. Offline

Go Hard

8. Offline

DamnHippo

Go Hard I gave up with the colored ones, I removed the § but I still get the same error.

9. Offline

Beno65Dev

maybe it is the upper of the main

10. Offline

Go Hard

DamnHippo Have you tried refreshing your plugin.yml? If you removed them it should work.

11. Offline

mickedplay

Try to set the encoding of your plugin.yml to UTF-8.

12. Offline

NonameSL

name: Hub
    version: 2.0
    main: me.DamnHippo.test.Main
    author: DamnHippo

commands:
    sethub:
    permission: Galaxy.Default
    permission-message: §cYou can't set the hub.
    hub:
    permission-message: §cYou can't teleport to the hub right now.

You used the tab key and that is the special character.
    1 space is to add a varible to the non spaced varible(which is commands), 2 spaces is to add a varible to the 1 spaced varible(which is sethub or hub).

13. Offline

DamnHippo

14. Offline

MineStein

Just add the permissions inside the code. Use this tutorial:

15. Offline

DamnHippo

MineStein I'm not looking for a tutorial, the thing is the plugin.yml worked before I reset my computer.

16. Offline

MineStein

DamnHippo I know, but this is a (Most of the time) better way of doing permissions instead of using the plugin.yml . Using this one enables more options for the permissions then just sending a message.

17. Offline

DamnHippo

MineStein I know what you mean. I will change them over, could this be what is causing the problem or is that just a better way to do the plugin.yml?

18. Offline

MineStein

DamnHippo The problem is most likely caused by the illegal character "&". It is really just a better way to do the permissions. It is more secure, has more options, and is pretty easy.

19. Offline

MrSparkzz

DamnHippo
    You can't have § in your plugin.yml.. Try removing that and seeing if it works. I don't even think any color codes will work in the plugin.yml file. If you want special messages for permissions, do that inside of your code.

DamnHippo likes this.
  20. Offline

DamnHippo

MrSparkzz Yes you can, all my other configs have them and they work.

21. Offline

MrSparkzz

DamnHippo
    Change them to spaces and the red text in notepad++ will change back. If you don't believe me, try it and test the plugin.

This should backup my point: http://www.yaml.org/faq.html

DamnHippo likes this.
  22. Offline

DamnHippo

MrSparkzz I don't know how many times I need to say this. I used spaces.

EDIT: Also, there is no red text in my yml

23. Offline

MrSparkzz

DamnHippo
    You never said you didn't use any spaces. I'm just trying to help.

DamnHippo likes this.
  24. Offline

DamnHippo

MrSparkzz it doesn't make any sense on why its not loading. The format that I'm using is the same as before. Also i'm not getting any warnings in my main class with the "p.getName()" even though I'm using a 1.7.9 bukkit build.

25. Offline

MrSparkzz

DamnHippo
    1. Did you remove the special character?
    2. If you were working on this project before, did you add bukkit 1.7.9 to the build path and remove the old version?

DamnHippo likes this.
  26. Offline

DamnHippo

MrSparkzz Yes, I removed the special character. Yes, I was working on this project before and I removed the old version of bukkit.

Here is the error in the console:
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: null is not properly structured.
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.asMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:1100) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:232) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:155) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:355) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:797) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:288) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:23) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:180) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:701) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:688) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.aB(DedicatedServer.java:296) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:261) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:558) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-1-g5786276-b3085jnks]
    [19:39:32] [Server thread/INFO]: Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    [19:39:32] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE: Reload complete.

27. Offline

MrSparkzz

DamnHippo
    These are pretty dumb questions, but a lot of people miss these.

Did you re-export after the changes and if you're using eclipse you need to highlight the plugin.yml file and press F5 (if you're using an external program like Notepad++ to edit your yml files).

Are there any new errors in the console?

DamnHippo likes this.
  28. Offline

DamnHippo

MrSparkzz No new errors. and yes I highlighted it and pressed F5

29. Offline

MrSparkzz

DamnHippo
    I've never seen this error before. Maybe it has something to do with the build of bukkit you're using? Re-post your yml file(s)?

DamnHippo likes this.
  30. Offline

DamnHippo

MrSparkzz I only have a plugin.yml Here is my plugin.yml

Code:
    name: Hub
    version: 2.0
    main: me.DamnHippo.test.Main
    author: DamnHippo

commands:
      sethub:
        permission-message: You can't set the hub.
      hub:
        permission-message: You can't teleport to the hub right now.
    I've put my main and only class into a pastebin. Please do not post it here.
    Main class

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.