My PC Somehow crashes using Bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Streammz, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

Recently i've experienced a lot of PC crashes which made me angry becouse the world did corrupt. The first time I had it, I thought the energy in my house was gone for a few seconds, Then an hour later, the exact same happened, and I've noticed nothing else in my room did turn off except for my PC (Screen, Speakers, Lights etc), and they all are in the exact same socket.

I've left my server offline for a couple days becouse I was still pissed about those worlds being corrupt, no crashes during that time, but when I started my bukkit server, after 5-10 minutes my PC crashed again :/, started it up like normal, exact same result.

Now I am typing this, about 20 minutes passed by and no crashes, After I post this, i'll start up my server once again, and if it crashes again, Im certainly sure its related to Bukkit.

The point that I'm asking here is becouse I am developing quite a few plugins (most privately for some servers), And I can't test properly when my PC crashes after 5-10 minutes of testing.

side-notes:
    It isn't the fault of Java (probably related tho), because I can run my self-made Java games perfectly, minecraft itself also runs perfectly for 5-hours straight (I play almost every day)
    Also, I couldn't find ANY Java crash logs anywhere in my server folder, .minecraft folder, or Java folders

Java: 1.6.0_24

2. I get EXACTLY the same like him.
    Java 1.6.0_25 (32-bit)
    Windows 7 64-bit
    After some time the server crashes with an very long error log. But my computer shutsdown to fast so i can't read. After the reboot there is nothing in the "server.log".

I just made the Heapsize bigger. But it crashed again. I had my Taskmanager open on my second Monitor but before the crash it didn't show any anormality.
    It's really annoying so please answer quick.
    The amount of clients on the server doesn't affect how long it works. The CPU temperatur also has nothing to do with it.
    I don't think the world data is corrupt. I can start/play it. Also the nether-world. I tried to render it with Carthograph also without any error.

3. Can you all answser the big red button above? E.x. what craftbukkit build, so on

4. Craftbook version: "git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)"
    My Plugins are:
    • CommandBook
    • CommandHelper
    • CraftBook
    • FalseBook
    • HomeX
    • SimpleSave
    • SpeedSign
    • WorldEdit
    • WorldGuard
    I tried a new World but got the same (but i could play about 30 minutes longer). I reinstalled Java and now have installed both 32-bit and 64-bit.

EDIT: Oh and i just realized that this error first occured after I updated bukkit to MC 1.7.2

It seems like the time until it crashes gets shorter everytime it crashes until a small break. I was just able to play for about 1 1/2 hours. And now it crashed after 20 minutes

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  5. Try
    A)Updating to 1.7.3 and seeing if that fixes the problem
    B)Deleting your world(well, back it up :p) and all your plugins andd seeing if that fixes the problem
    C)If possible, try playing on a different computer. It's possible your computer is running out of memory

6. ok. I tried to record the error report with my fotocam. It worked but it's really hard to read. I think that the Terminal Window says "Das Medium ist schreibgeschützt" (i know its german). It means: "The medium is write protected".
    There are about 100 more lines but they are all really REALLY hard to read because of the scrollspeed. Don't know if this could help you.

And thank you for being so patient. Could it be that i should start the server with administrator rights?

I tried everything of your suggestions exept C). All failed. btw there is no 1.7.3 build of Bukkit. Could it be that there is a bug in my (most recent) build? I also don't think that i get out of memory. There is always at least 500 MB to the maximum heapsize.
    I'll try to downgrade my server back to 1.7(.1). Maybe it helps. Else I must live with frequent shut downs :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

OniDono

Just a curious question, how much ram do you actually have?

8. 4 GB RAM
    1.5 GB java heapsize (-Xms1024M -Xmx1536M)

Hm i just tried the 1.7.1 build. Also crashed :(

9. It seems like it's only appearing if you are running the server AND the client on the same PC. The strange thing is that I always had it like this...

10. Is there somebody here to help me with my problem?

11. I just got the EXACT crash at playing SSP. I haven't played 5 minutes. I was just trying if a mod (InvTweaks) is working. It don't think it has anything to do with bukkit. But I think that notch just change something in handling the world/chunk updates. Or it's only my (corrupted?) minecraft that's crashing an somehow it prints those errors to the wrong console...

EDIT: Got it again. I used a fresh an clean version of minecraft. No mods, no textrue pack. Not even a map was loaded. I now think that the launcher got somehow corrupted or the .minecraft folder is messy (like mine :p). It only appears if my client runs. But if I run my server in a Virtual PC it works (maybe I had only luck)

12. Offline

joby890

so is the problem fixed\

13. not really. Because it's extremely laggy and I also want to play Singleplayer.

EDIT: btw. Virtual PC didn't fix the problem. I think my PC is shuting down because of overheating. But the CPU sometimes reaches 95 °C without crashing and than crashes at about 90 °C

EDIT: Don't tell me to update my Graphics Driver. I already did it. Didn't help ether. I also checked GPU overheating. No hit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.