My Minecraft Server Wont Bind To Port I Cant Join It Or Anyone Else!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PandaTooth, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PandaTooth

If anyone can help me on team viewer that would be great but here is whats happening

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    [INFO] Loading properties
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on **********:25565
    [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
    [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

and here is my config file

#Minecraft server properties
    #Wed Jul 11 19:09:57 MDT 2012
    online-mode=true
    spawn-npcs=true
    pvp=true
    allow-flight=false
    spawn-animals=true
    server-ip=********* <---- i tryed using this blank 2 it did not work....
    server-port=25565
    motd=A Minecraft Server
    I know that the port is forworded here is a image
    If you have team viewer please tell me and i will let you on :D i have skype to.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

lj1206

hey, well there is one problem

last time you logged off your server you didn't shut it down properly. not using /stop throughout console or in-game

try rebooting your computer and use /stop when stopping the server, enjoy :)

3. Offline

PandaTooth

what?

i cant get ingame it acting like its not even online i tryed localhost and external ip

so i started it up and tryed stoping it but it gave me this error

[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.1:35565
    [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
    [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at un.a(SourceFile:335)
    at un.a(SourceFile:37)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(SourceFile:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:366)
    at dn.run(SourceFile:492)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  4. Offline

lj1206

yeah, restart your computer! then put your server up, force quit your console

5. Offline

PandaTooth

okay i will try that thanks

okay so i just restarted my computer

and i got this mesage again.....

[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.106:25565

[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.106:25565
    [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at un.a(SourceFile:335)
    at un.a(SourceFile:37)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(SourceFile:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:366)
    at dn.run(SourceFile:492)
    And This Message When I Try To Stop it

My windows fire wall is turned off and i have no antivirus software installed

Also I use to have Norton But i uninstalled it because i perfer avg btw this is a brand new computer and i have not installed avg yet.

odd i did the stop command again and it shut it down?

do you have team viewer?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Helichicken

This, make sure you leave the server-ip blank, I know you said you already tried it but just do it :p

Double check to see if you forwarded your ports properly, remember that the ip you have to enter in the router page is your ipv4 address, which you can find by doing ipconfig in the cmd prompt. (You probably already know all this)

Try again and let me know if its still not working ;)

7. Offline

PandaTooth

its not working in my first post i attached a file of my port forwording page. you can look at that im sure that it is correct.

k i did that with a fresh server file and got this

[WARNING] server.properties does not exist
    [INFO] Generating new properties file
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565

Okay now im having problems connecting to my router threw the internet i get this error

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
    Here are some suggestions:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

alright so i downloaded the newest snapshot because it has the command to just host a lan server.

I did the command and it gives me this message.

Unable To Host LAN Server.

I was able to access my router yesterday.

8. Offline

bostonboy3777

Im having the same problems as you, its so freaking annoying and now I can't make any multiplayer servers!!!

9. Offline

PandaTooth

ikr we need someone who has solved this.

10. Offline

Helichicken

What kind of router do you have? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how you forwarded ports.

11. Offline

PandaTooth

its a linksys and if you look at my first post i have a picture of the port forwording screen

12. Offline

Helichicken

I don't think the link worked.

Edit: What's the model #? I'll just look it up on portforward.com

13. Offline

PandaTooth

did you check the picture? im pretty sure i did it right i looked there at that website you have listed and followed that
    plus the server use to work until i got this new computer all i did was change the IPv4 address

now with this new computer i cant even join my server

14. Offline

Helichicken

Your link to the pic doesn't work, or at least I can't find it. But anyways let me know the model number of the router and I'll take a look on portforward.com and see if I find anything

15. Offline

PandaTooth

okay model # is wrt54g Linksys router also if you have team viewer you can take control of my computer and look at it.

okay so i looked it up and it says requires a static ip so i did that. and tryed it again with it blank and it did not work.

i tryed it with this config

#Thu Jul 12 18:53:27 MDT 2012
    online-mode=true
    spawn-npcs=true
    pvp=true
    allow-flight=false
    spawn-animals=true
    server-ip=192.168.1.50
    server-port=25565
    motd=A Minecraft Server

and also i tryed it with this one

#Thu Jul 12 18:53:27 MDT 2012
    online-mode=true
    spawn-npcs=true
    pvp=true
    allow-flight=false
    spawn-animals=true
    server-ip=
    server-port=25565
    motd=A Minecraft Server

They both give me this
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.50:25565
    or this
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    I dont know what to do now....

another odd thing is that when i check to see if port 80 is open it says that it is closed and every port that i forward says that it is closed. Either Something is blocking them or Im doing something wrong i have windows firewall off and no antivirus installed at the moment. ( Im going to be installing avg )

here is what my port forwarding page looks like i did a quick video of it look here

16. Offline

ghostmancer

Change server-port=25565 to another port, say 25566, and then try to connect with localhost:25566.

17. Offline

Jared39

OK, now here is the fix to that problem. I had this exact problem with my server and it bugged me for days. You have to port forward your router to 25565(I will link a vid once u tell me what router u have). ok, most ppl do that correctly and now here is where some ppl get confused, Adjusting your firewall. Go to your control panel and Select 'Windows Firewall'. Then go to the left corner and click 'Advanced Settings' then it will bring up a new window and look at the left column and click 'Inbound Rules'. Then go the very right column under 'Actions' click 'New Rule'. It will bring up a new window asking you what type of rule u want. Select 'Port' and click 'next'. Click 'TCP' and in the bar type '25565-25565' those are the minecraft ports that u have portforwarded. Then click 'next' and it should already be on 'Allow the Connection' but if it isnt do so. click 'next' and check all of the options. Then just name it and make a discription & click 'Finish'. There, now u just port filtered.(ONLY PORT FILTER AFTER U PORTFORWARDED). Ok, now what u put into the Server properties. for the port u put 25565. For the Ip u put ur network ip. Then in the minecraft u put ur external Ip. You can find it by going to http://whatismyip.com/. I will send videos soon! Ask me if you have any questions.

18. Offline

CriminalCraft

Ok, like MANY said before, keep it with the *. Then go into your router, find your internal IP address by typing ipconfig into a command prompt, go to your router, should be Virtual Servers under Firewall (Belkin Routers) And Linksys just go to Applications & Gaming, and make the description whatever you want (I reccomend naming it something like Minecraft, Mine, or Bukkit) then type for the port 25565, and for the ip address (192.168.1.blagh or 192.168.2.blagh) whatever you found for the internal ip address. Now wait for it to activate then start the server.

19. Offline

PandaTooth

okay so i tryed doing all that and im using a linksys wrt54g router and still nothing :( is it possible that there is what use to be my anti virus still blocking it? I had norton but i uninstalled it could it still be blocking it?

20. Offline

Jared39

Well if u have a modem u might need to reset everything to where the router controls everything. That happened to me where i had to reset all settings where the modem didnt control what went in and out.

21. Offline

PandaTooth

sorry I dont get what you are saying i know what a router is but what is a modem? is it a box that the router is plugged into? that says your reciving signal and sending then it says your online?

22. Offline

PandaTooth

okay after some research i do have a modem.

23. Offline

RoBeRiTo

I know how to make it work what i did is i ran the batch file 5 times every day for a week then the last time i ran that week it worked no stupid cant bind to port it just ran hope this helps

24. Offline

sebross

this happened to me too and it was all working fine than it messed up and used the same ip and said this

210 recipes
    27 achievements
    15:59:22 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.6
    15:59:22 [INFO] Loading properties
    15:59:22 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    15:59:22 [INFO] Generating keypair
    15:59:23 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.0.18:25565
    15:59:23 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    15:59:23 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    15:59:23 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    >
    so please help me i tryed reseting the the craftbukkit.jar butstill so plz help me too

25. Offline

sebross

in know why because someone try'd making a minecraft server and did the custom IPv4 thing wich is now using your computers default ip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.